What to stick reverse sensor brackets on with ?

archersam

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Any good suggestions?

I am constantly having to refix my reverse sensors brackets to my rear Lv bumper. I reckon one or the other have fallen off at least half a dozen times.

I have tried vhb, the body shop used some black plastic glue stuff when the bumper was off being painted.

Time and time they all fail.

I’m cleaning the area and the bracket using isopropyl alcohol.

I’ve roughed up the bumper and the bracket using fancy Mirka sanding discs.

I’ve used a hairdrier to make the plastic warm (last refix was two of them before Christmas).

Starting to get to the point where I might just rivet them in place (joke).

I guess one option to drill some holes in the sides of the bracket and fibreglass in place so the fibreglass oozes out the holes.

What VHB tape were you using? We use a lot of the 3M stuff and it always seems to be pretty sturdy stuff for jobs like this. Seen it done with JB Weld plastic bonder type stuff too, but obviously adhesives can make a bit of a mess if it goes sideways! Maybe just get someone to stick an arm out the back door an hold it in place when you need to reverse :p

Well its apparently
Genuine 3M VHB tape and 3M adhesive primer.

Well its apparently genuine however who knows!

Got a link for a site you know that does sell genuine stuff? Wasn't are you could get a primer so thats good info.

What VHB tape were you using? We use a lot of the 3M stuff and it always seems to be pretty sturdy stuff for jobs like this. Seen it done with JB Weld plastic bonder type stuff too, but obviously adhesives can make a bit of a mess if it goes sideways! Maybe just get someone to stick an arm out the back door an hold it in place when you need to reverse :p
Yeh I think I will take the bumper off to do it especially if it is using a JB weld style type of thing which could be sufficient.

Thankfully I have a camera on the back and a rear window too, just it goes crazy beep and its a bit distracting.

Back