What To Do? Penalty Ticket… Moral Advice Needed.

As far as the council is concerned they don't know if it was a deliberate act or a genuine mistake. There was a whole line of cars with tickets, presumably the owners made the same mistake as me, suggesting it's not clear enough. Sent an email telling them the ticket was wrong. Fingers crossed.

First off I'd try sending back just saying I don't own a vehicle with that registration with out mentioning you were there or how close it is to yours.
I'd reckon there's a fair chance they'll drop it.

Yup done that via email. So they have my email address but no name or correct reg. Not sure how long I need to leave it before I start to feel they've dropped it.

The pcn is a legal document and is their responsibility to fill in correctly. As yours is incorrect it is invalid and they cannot enforce it.

I got away with it when the ticked dropped on the floor. The left a parking ticket I sent in th eon ethat had fallen on the floor and was let off, not easy now as they have cameras thattime you coming and going.

I have read that they can not re-issue the ticket but that they can post a ticket rather than put one on your windscreen. If they have messed up with the windscreen one then surely using the same argument that the screen one was for a different car. They could post one to the correct owner and reg using the photos they took, and say that's the first one.?

Back