Anyone had a parking ticket in a pay and display whilst displaying a ticket?

You can also ask them to explain why they don’t provide a sticker to attach to the windscreen?
As they dont provide a sticker, it’s down to the warden to take special care to look for the ticket somewhere on the dashboard, as every vehicle will have a different dash layout and not all surfaces are suitable to place a tiny square of paper which could easily be blown by air movement via air vents etc.
Warden is trying it on, probably didn’t look, started issuing the ticket, probably then spotted it and thought sod it, and slapped the PCN on anyway.
Seems on the first appeal they automatically reject, probably don’t even read the appeal on first round.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up !
Customised T6 ticket holders are exclusively available to people attending events or visiting some of our select forum trade members who dish them out !!

@Pauly
Yes please happy to buy a couple if poss?

At the mo I’m using two clear sticky parking permit holders (£1 ea from Halfords) but they just go wrinkly after a while.

One for my parking ticket and one for my foreign emissions pass thingy

BTW, expired tickets go in my bottom door pocket until the pile is huge and I need a clear out. You never know when you’ll need it!

BTW BTW
With my LWB crafter, if I (rarely) can’t get a kerb bay in a car park where I overhang the rear on the grass, I just use 2 bays and buy two tickets

It's a bit late, but one of the most common purchases for new vans is a dash rubber to fill the gap.

Reactions: Bav
You can ask them for their pictures, but they are all taken from angles that you can't see it. As it was on the dash tray, you have to actually look in through the windscreen

@Pauly
Yes please happy to buy a couple if poss?

At the mo I’m using two clear sticky parking permit holders (£1 ea from Halfords) but they just go wrinkly after a while.

One for my parking ticket and one for my foreign emissions pass thingy

BTW, expired tickets go in my bottom door pocket until the pile is huge and I need a clear out. You never know when you’ll need it!

BTW BTW
With my LWB crafter, if I (rarely) can’t get a kerb bay in a car park where I overhang the rear on the grass, I just use 2 bays and buy two tickets
We all go wrinkly after a while! My mate had the same thing in Southport. No sticky back to the ticket. Parked the car on the front and the wind flipped the ticket over when he opened the door. The ticket was rear side up on the dashboard clearly visible. Appeal refused they reckoned it could be any old ticket.

You can ask them for their pictures, but they are all taken from angles that you can't see it. As it was on the dash tray, you have to actually look in through the windscreen
If only they had to take photos from eye level stood next to either side of the windscreen, looking in… as they ought to be doing when checking for tickets.
If they can’t provide that then their photos are pretty pointless for the appeals procedure other than to show your vehicle was there. Doesn’t show they did a check for tickets.
The cynic in me says they know this too.
I’d be challenging that at any tribunal. Just because they can’t provide evidence a ticket was clearly visible doesn’t mean it wasn’t.

i would argue that thier photos don't show the ticket absent in its location therefore are insufficient to prove the ticket was not clearly visible for inspection.

keep pushing and appealing, also show them the time and date stamp on the ticket as it will prove you purchased the ticket before the fine etc.

I managed to get get PCN removed when my ticket had fallen into the footwell when closing the door with bridgend council. I argued the fine is to ensure people purchase tickets which I clearly had done therefore enforcement was not appropriate.

best of luck

As I said earlier, no need to leave it loose on the dash. Not a parking ticket, buy you get the idea.

20221005_130856.jpg

Just to update on this, the notice to owner came through the post and I submitted my evidence back to show the ticket, receipt and many pictures to show how the ticket can be in or out of view from various angles.

I've had a letter today to confirm the notice has been cancelled as a "gesture of goodwill".

Right result in the end which is good, but I'm abit annoyed they haven't admitted they were in the wrong to issue it in the first place and that they are going to send their officer to specsavers!

Just to update on this, the notice to owner came through the post and I submitted my evidence back to show the ticket, receipt and many pictures to show how the ticket can be in or out of view from various angles.

I've had a letter today to confirm the notice has been cancelled as a "gesture of goodwill".

Right result in the end which is good, but I'm abit annoyed they haven't admitted they were in the wrong to issue it in the first place and that they are going to send their officer to specsavers!
They do say "it's the season for goodwill to all men". We have an ap based car park near me. I reckon it's generating more challenges than any other car park. Automatic £100 fine for the slightest blip in the system.

I went into a car park last weekend that I've used before, it had become a pay car park with video ANPR etc.
If I park up and walk to the meter, decide I don't want to pay and leave, I wonder how long I have got before they charge me. I read the whole notice and there is no mention of changing your mind and leaving and how much time constitutes as parked.

I went into a car park last weekend that I've used before, it had become a pay car park with video ANPR etc.
If I park up and walk to the meter, decide I don't want to pay and leave, I wonder how long I have got before they charge me. I read the whole notice and there is no mention of changing your mind and leaving and how much time constitutes as parked.
The following used to apply, but it’s been withdrawn pending review, so not sure what applies now.
Depending on the type of carpark there was a min 5min consideration period.
Also, what if there are no spaces?? How long does it take to drive round the carpark looking for a space?

Back