Anyone had a parking ticket in a pay and display whilst displaying a ticket?

Indigrey

Sold
VIP Member
T6 Pro
A couple of weeks ago I parked in a pay and display car park. I bought a ticket and put it on the dashboard tray as there was no sticker with it. Couldn't put it on the main dash at it would slide down behind the windscreen never to be seen again.

Came back to find a PCN on my windscreen, so I took a picture of this with the (in my opinion) clearly displayed parking ticket on the dashboard tray in the background.

I sent this into the council via their appeals process, explaining that there was no sticker with the ticket and that the ticket was on the dash tray. I also sent a picture of the ticket purchased and a picture of the machine receipt.

They've just come back saying they've refused my appeal and please send through the 25 quid fine which will increase to 50 if I don't pay it within 14 days!

Now I'm not paying it because I'm not in the wrong with this so if I have to take it to court I will do, but just wondering if others have had similar problems with putting tickets on the dash tray and then to be told they haven't clearly displayed a ticket? There was nothing else on the dash tray either, so it wasn't like it was lost in amongst other paperwork.

It's a T6.1 highline so not sure if the dash is different to T6

had a similar situation when i put the wrong VRN on my ticket and then got a fine on the ANPR on exiting the car park - sure the basis of the appeal was that they hadn’t suffered any financial loss and it was overturned - can you prove you bought the ticket?

got a pic of the windscreen, to see where the ticket was?

Sure can, I have both a ticket and the receipt as I was on business so luckily got the receipt for it. Their basis for rejecting the appeal is that its my responsibility to check its clearly displayed.

The angles of the photos they've taken do look like there isn't a ticket displayed as it was in the tray so you need to look in through the windscreen.

For taking it further I'll do a video walk round to cover the angles of their photos, then walk up to the van to show the ticket in the windscreen on the dash tray.

Too late now, but I wedge my ticket in the drivers door window rubber.

Let them know you want your day in court and will be seeking recovering all costs incurred from the moment you had to start taking photos and contacting them as the penalty notice was clearly issued in contravention of their own guidance. Good luck.

A couple of weeks ago I parked in a pay and display car park. I bought a ticket and put it on the dashboard tray as there was no sticker with it. Couldn't put it on the main dash at it would slide down behind the windscreen never to be seen again.

Came back to find a PCN on my windscreen, so I took a picture of this with the (in my opinion) clearly displayed parking ticket on the dashboard tray in the background.

I sent this into the council via their appeals process, explaining that there was no sticker with the ticket and that the ticket was on the dash tray. I also sent a picture of the ticket purchased and a picture of the machine receipt.

They've just come back saying they've refused my appeal and please send through the 25 quid fine which will increase to 50 if I don't pay it within 14 days!

Now I'm not paying it because I'm not in the wrong with this so if I have to take it to court I will do, but just wondering if others have had similar problems with putting tickets on the dash tray and then to be told they haven't clearly displayed a ticket? There was nothing else on the dash tray either, so it wasn't like it was lost in amongst other paperwork.

It's a T6.1 highline so not sure if the dash is different to T6
Did you try these people https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/ (found via gov.uk) or do you just appeal direct with the council?

It might also be worth asking the council, maybe through FOI request, what they constitute as ‘clearly displayed’ and/or how they train their enforcement officers on this matter?

I just did it directly through their website, to be honest I thought it would be a pretty obvious one to overturn, I'm gobsmacked they've rejected it!

Did you try these people https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/ (found via gov.uk) or do you just appeal direct with the council?

It might also be worth asking the council, maybe through FOI request, what they constitute as ‘clearly displayed’ and/or how they train their enforcement officers on this matter?
That looks like a really useful website that explains all the jargon, thanks for that. I've not had the notice to owner yet, I've just had the email back from the council that says they've rejected my claim to have it overturned.

Let them know you want your day in court and will be seeking recovering all costs incurred from the moment you had to start taking photos and contacting them as the penalty notice was clearly issued in contravention of their own guidance. Good luck.
^^^^^^ what he said

I got this one overturned as I’d entered the vrn wrong … fat fingers in sunlight … overturned as no financial loss to the council. So they’re having a laugh with yours!

8BCB2B5E-9B2F-43AC-A1E7-64DCE5A6868E.jpeg

They charge for parking a bike in Manchester? o_O How regressive!

City centre… yet I can park at the airport for free?!

Sure there’s free parking, but not nearby….
So how do you ensure some "joker" doesn't walk off with your ticket?

Back