What to do first?

Snickers

Hi all, new to this and would welcome advice.. I’ve got a T6 and plan to get it fully converted, unfortunately funds won’t stretch that far just yet, is it a problem having an awning fitted, was thinking the Fiamma f45, before having the pop top roof done? Just want to be able to use it a bit! Cheers

From experience.......make sure the fiamma is mounted on the first and third mount points on the roof, not 1st and 4th.
Most poptops interfere in the 4th mounting point, would need moving and can leave damage to paintwork

Hello and welcome. If you eventually want a full camper van with sleeping and cooking facilities but are restricted by financial considerations I would suggest you start with small steps. The awning is nice start if it’s being used as a day trip van. Just a few camp chairs, a little table and a portable cooker for making tea and coffee. When you’ve had a few picnics, under the awning with your bevvies you will have got a better picture in your mind of the order of priorities. It’s serious money from now on. :rolleyes:

From experience.......make sure the fiamma is mounted on the first and third mount points on the roof, not 1st and 4th.
Most poptops interfere in the 4th mounting point, would need moving and can leave damage to paintwork
Sorry for the daft question but where are the mounting points, does it go front to back 1-4?

If you are tight on cash I wouldn't be buying a Fiamma f45, get something like the Stitches and Steel Awning for £120.

Reactions: Bav
Back