What have you bought and fitted and not told your partner.....

Every man knows a woman's handbag is a mysterious black hole into which car keys, credit cards etc can disappear.
Not our territory......I don't know how many the Chief Advisor has. They all look the same
Response from female T6 owners………………???????????

I guess I'm fortunate like Paynewright, so long as we can afford it she doesn't mind me buying and adding things.
Funny thing is, she's the same as me, she took up running and now has every colour item Tikiboo sell. Plus, occasionally I come home to find we have a delivery of 10 pairs of shoes! She does send the ones she doesn't like back though.
I'm allowed to go away on holiday by myself for a week every year, for cycle hols or Sea Kayak trips, so long as she can spend a week visiting her mum and sister in London on her own.
It's just a case of give and take.

In April 2005 (iirc) I put a deposit down on an Audi TT Mk11, off the first press release photo. It arrived first week Jan 2006.

When she noticed it conversation went:

"Whose is that car on the drive?"

"Mine!"

"No really, whose is it?"

"It's really mine".

The next comment wasn't as pleasant lol.

Last edited:
.....on the basis that they (hopefully) won't notice.

Kicking off with a pair of T6 LED taillights to replace my halogens. She"ll never realise !!!
I did this too, two days later reversing down the drive and blinded my wife with the new reverse lights. Then she noted the dynamic indicators and that was me sussed. ;) ;)

I did this too, two days later reversing down the drive and blinded my wife with the new reverse lights. Then she noted the dynamic indicators and that was me sussed. ;) ;)
I made her try and reverse with the dreadful OEM single halogen and that was enought to get THQ replacements signed off ;)

As well as Transporters, I have another bank account emptying hobby; boats, or specifically RIBs. A long long time ago, we had a single engined RIB that we used for diving. The Daughter & I used to dive & the missus did the boat handling. One day, the engine wouldn’t start & the boat was drifting one way & we were in the water drifting the other. It resulted in the missus putting out a Mayday & a rescue operation being initiated. After it all calmed down, we were having a drink & the missus stated (and I have witnesses) “ we need a bigger boat with 2 engines”….. I was straight on it, blank cheque, no expense spared.

it's not so much not telling more of she's not interested so doesn't notice, obvious ones that most of us would think you can't miss but have gone un-noticed are coilovers and alpine adventure speakers, I think the tweeters are a huge give away!

off topic but it was our wedding anniversary a few weeks ago, I left a card and small gift on her bedside table as I had to go to work and she didn't even notice that until late morning when our daughter asked who the present was for.

I also managed to sell our first house without her noticing!

Back