What grade of oil is required/used for servicing?

Curlynot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
2022 T6.1 150hp diesel DNAA Engine

What oil are people using for servicing, or what do VW fit/recommend for the above vehicle? the user manual is pretty vague as are my local dealers! 507 00 but 5W 30, 0W 30 etc

Also the QUANTITY used as there seems to be issues with some "overfilling" or taking it to the top mark on dipstick.

Last edited:
5W30 as far as I’m aware, ultimately they’ll use what they have been supplied.
When I bought my van secondhand it had a pre-paid 5x VW service deal so I used it.
Both of the main dealers in my local area have a great selection of newspapers and coffee but were run by service managers who couldn’t advise on which grade was used or much else. All suits and smiles, don’t have too many expectations, get used to it.

Either 0W30 or 5W30 is fine as long as it’s VW 507 00. Mixing is fine too. 0W is slightly better for cold climates but both have the same warm climate performance. Personally I’d use 0W30 if you do short journeys as it will flow slightly better sooner (marginal difference in reality though!).

Some more info here:
Which oil? 150PS diesel

Either 0W30 or 5W30 is fine as long as it’s VW 507 00. Mixing is fine too. 0W is slightly better for cold climates but both have the same warm climate performance. Personally I’d use 0W30 if you do short journeys as it will flow slightly better sooner (marginal difference in reality though!).

Some more info here:
Which oil? 150PS diesel

Thanks for that and the link. I had done a search before posting but missed that one. :thumbsup:

Back