What features can be simply retrofitted ?

JodyKTM

Hi All

Looking to buy a T6 but I'm quite specific with what I want. It would seem finding the spec I want is kinda tricky so I'm just wondering what things can be sensibly retrofitted. ie

Multifunction steering wheel
Cruise control
AC
Stereo capable of android auto / apple car play (not ebay rubbish, I want something that can be operated via the steering wheel)
Electric sliding door
Electric rear door (up and over, not barn doors)

I also want a double front passenger seat (for my dog) though I assume these just, trim the carpet and bolt in ?

Ideally I want the more powerful 2.5 engine, but if I buy the 2.0, can 102 ps models be uprated to 170ps (or whatever it is)

Any help or advice appreciated

PS I'll probably be buying a French Registered van, if not, it will have to be left hand drive so I can register it in France

Anything can be retro fitted if your pockets are deep enough. All the mods you’ve mentioned have been done and documented on here.
A double seat will just bolt in place but unless you change the airbag the centre seat won’t be protected.
There in not a 2.5l engine they are all 2l. You can increase the power of all the engines by re mapping

All Transporters have a 2 litre engine, but with power outputs that vary from 85PS to 204PS. They can all be remapped for more power/torque, but be careful re-mapping a van with a 5-speed manual box.

Thanks for the prompt replies, I'm liking this forum already!!
It's probably worth mentioning that I want an auto!

Back