What did you do lately?

Woodman

I like playing with my wood!
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I started this before Christmas, Its taken a lot longer than I would have liked but due to getting covid, then blood clots, sort of set me back a bit. I know its not for my van but it may explain why I call myself woodman. I have yet to start the matching cupboard and bookshelf top.3.jpg2.jpg

Used or new boards?

How have you made the top boards - sash clamps and just butt joints or biscuits / dowels?
Hi Yes just 8 biscuits along its length to help level up the boards when gluing them. I use about 8 sash cramps and I use two pieces of ex 5 x 3 pse to clamp across to help keep them flat. I use Titebond Ultra on important joints. I bought these boards as sawn waney edge planks from Thorogoods Ardleigh on Friday. I bought 5 and they made my wife's roof bars bow a little :)

This is my scratch built summer house...

View attachment 103676
Love the way you have put the door at an angle to face the garden, thats a nice design touch. Is that where you sneak off to when ordering new bits for the van :)

Nice job! Love the door at an angle. No complaints from neighbours?

the angle makes it look closer to the house than it is. Its sectional so can be taken down so its just a posh shed ;-)

No complaints - TBH the neighbour at the back of us never use their garden and its still turfed up to the fence as the builders left it 20 years ago!

Back