What brand inverter

Creamytash

T6 Guru
Can anyone advise me on a decent brand/maker of a 2000w pure sine inverter please. I am.intending to install it under the passenger captains seat. I don't want to by twice.
Thanks in advance,
Creamytash.

There are a few half decent ones around just avoid the really cheap chinese rubbish

Victron and sterling are well known ones but there are more

I've an NDS 3,000W inverter as I'm all electric and run an induction hob as well as oven, m/wave and grill, together with fridge and lighting. Most of the time I'm on hookup, but it's there for when I want to off grid.

Thanks, but you've bit my problem.on the head, I don't know which ones are the chinese rubbish. I noted the names you have given me.
Thanks again.
CT

I've an NDS 3,000W inverter as I'm all electric and run an induction hob as well as oven, m/wave and grill, together with fridge and lighting. Most of the time I'm on hookup, but it's there for when I want to off grid.
Thank you, all good info that helps me.

Make sure you get a PSW pure sine wave and not a MSW modified sine wave.

Renogy is a good brand. I have the 1000w and 2000w units and have tested them.

The problem you have with the 1000w and up is the physical size.... They start to get large.

The Renogy 2000w is pure sine wave and compact.

Example.....

Screenshot_20220801-081519_Amazon Shopping.jpg

More info

Make sure you get a PSW pure sine wave and not a MSW modified sine wave.

Renogy is a good brand. I have the 1000w and 2000w units and have tested them.

The problem you have with the 1000w and up is the physical size.... They start to get large.

The Renogy 2000w is pure sine wave and compact.

Example.....

View attachment 167268
Thank you, that is brilliant info from a well respected source.

I am shopping for a Renogy 2000w PSW @ £240. I have located the item, just need to to committ.
That sounds very cheap, check the spec & seller.
Caveat Emptor

Ps. Just checked, looks like prices have dropped since I last bought one. Bargain!

I got the renogy 2000w from Amazon a few weeks ago during the prime day sale for £192.
I think there are a few people on here with discount codes.

Screenshot_2022-08-01-11-12-23-42_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108~3.jpg

You can use my code to get a discount at Renogy ....

Hi, thanks - wish I had know. I've completed the purchase now but thank you for your kindness though.

On Lee @Dellmassive link above in thread, the Amazon and has 1000, 2000 and 3000W inverters, 3kw is what you get from a normal single 13A socket in your house so would be able to power a teenagers hair dryer for the required hour.
Edit and post 6 above

Question,

I have a leisure battery (62Ah AGM) which powers LED lights, USB and the diesel heater. I see my local Aldi has a few small 300W inverters for £25. I don't normally use (EHU) AC unless in a campsite or at home (dehumidifier) but I'm wondering if it is worth the money to pop this in. My laptop for instance is 65W so I could use if for that.
What do you think? Worth the spend or don't waste my money. Obviously I could not run any large current draws like a kettle, or such.

Hmm, mixed reviews! I'd be sure to ensure all connections are secured/solder/recrimped prior to use.

Back