What Books Are You Reading At The Moment?

Currently going through a Military/War phase:
Reading. Vulcan Down
Recently finished. Helmet for my pillow (Pacific), Painting the Sand (Afganistan), Lone Survivor (Afghanistan), Colditz Story & SAS Rogue Hero's (WW2)
And some psychological thrillers by Mark Edwards: The Magpies, Follow you Home, What You Wish For, The Devils Work & The Luky Ones.

81qed6Odb0L.jpg
First of his books I've read, enjoy the no bullshit style it's written in (wouldn't expect any less from the bloke to be fair)

I was off work laid up for a while last year so read Adrian Neweys book on F1 design very good read and not just the design side. Another good recent read was Damon Hills autobiography.
Baz

Funny @BAZT6 I have Nigel Mansells book that was signed by him as I knew his crew cheif. Also had one on James Hunt which is not bad but th eone I alwas loved was about Ronnie Peterson, I was gutted when he was killed. The one on Graham Hill was ok as well and I have on on Murry Walker I've yet to read.
Just finiished my Clive Crussler fix now have to go back to the library though I have some SiFi on my kndle to read yet. I also have three books which I am working through. One is Englands Thousand Best Churhes my wife bought me as I'm always off taking photos of them for my blog The Church Explorer plus another called Rices Church Primer and the Church Explorers Handbook so that's thrown you a bit of a curve ball.

White Fang. By Jack London. Following on from The Call of the Wild, also by Jack London. If you like dogs & snow & harsh life on the edge tales, these make for a good read.

If you’ve watched & enjoyed Monkey World then Jeremy & Amy is a worthwhile punt

Just about to start Poppet by Mo Haydar.
Finished The Hard Way - Lee Childbirth this morning.

Just finished - Battle cry for freedom, history of the American civil war.
About to dive into “The battle for Spain” - the Spanish civil war.

White Fang. By Jack London. Following on from The Call of the Wild, also by Jack London. If you like dogs & snow & harsh life on the edge tales, these make for a good read.

I remember reading Call of the Wild at school, and had a bash at White Fang a few years ago but couldn't take the stress..!!

I was sat in the Doctor's waiting room this morning waiting for Mrs Loz and I glanced over to the book shelf in the waiting room and spotted some interesting titles, now either this is totally random, or a member of staff has a sense of humour. Amongst the titles were:
Before I die
I let you go
Then she was gone
Fishing in the smoke
Until it’s over

:)

:rofl:
They're giving you a massive downer before you get your checkup...

I'm going to get my Golf MK4 book out.
RIP John Haynes.
You changed the world of car maintenance
(when you didn't need a PC to fix your car!)

Just finished Eight Lives Down by Chris Hunter.
It’s been on the back burner for a while, but reading this thread gave me the incentive to finish it.

@DaveyB
I found this link ‘Jack Reacher books in order’
Would you say this is the best way to enjoy them?

https://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/lee-child-jack-reacher-books-in-order/

@Ghost, each one can be read in isolation, however to fully understand some of the references that come in the books, such as his brother/ Francis neagley etc, my top tip would be to read them in order.
They are awesome books. I have every single one in hardback first edition, and around 12 of them are hand signed by Lee Child as I took the ones he had written at the time to a talk he gave at Waterstones in Milton Keynes.
Have never watched the films and have no intention of ever doing so, because he sold out to Hollywood. At the talk I went to, he was asked that if the books were ever made into a film who would play Jack; his answer was someone huge and imposing like Lawrence D’allaglio. Next thing you know the munchkin of Hollywood is playing the part of a 6’5” 220lb scrapping machine!!!!!!
Enjoy.

Just finished Killing Floor : lee Child. Couldn’t put it down, fantastic read.

I bought Die Trying a last week, that’s lined up next.

Just finished a book about the Spanish civil war.
Currently - The man who knew infinity

Back