What Books Are You Reading At The Moment?

Wondering if anyone on here uses BorrowBox

It links you to your local library so you can download ebooks / audiobooks to have on loan.

Easy to setup and use.

For anyone who may have an Interest in Coal Mining, an Amazon Kindle edition called Weep Mothers Weep by Ian Winstanley, is an account of a mining disaster.
The collery/pit is not far from me and over 200 miners, men and boys where killed at Wood Pit in Haydock Lancashire in 1878.
Its very surprising, how time heels the wounds and these incidents become forgoten. I have a friend who worked as a miner at this pit before it closed in the 70s and he was unaware of this explosion!!!!

Another book, probalyout of print now but if you can find an edition is Trevor Elstubs, Warrior for the Working Day.
Its a story of Tankies during the Second World War and I could see a lot in the story from my days as a Tanky in the 1st Royal Tank Regiment.
I still have a copy but its going nowhere!!!.
Another good read is about Albert Pierpoint the hangman. Its his own autobiography and he tells how he started along side his farther and uncle and how he had to hang one guy who was a customer at the pub, Help the poor Struggler, he was Landlord at Manchester Road Nr Oldham. Its a falacy that he had a sign No Hanging around the Bar in his pub, he never did.

Not sure, I thought his first book was “don’t tell mum I work on he rigs”

Not sure, I thought his first book was “don’t tell mum I work on he rigs”
Google saying

“Soldier Spy”
“Capture or Kill”
Then .. “I Spy: My Life in MI5”

I asked because I thought Soldier Spy, was just short story’s in one book, that I’m not a fan of.

I just downloaded Capture or Kill

Another book, probalyout of print now but if you can find an edition is Trevor Elstubs, Warrior for the Working Day.
Its a story of Tankies during the Second World War and I could see a lot in the story from my days as a Tanky in the 1st Royal Tank Regiment.
I still have a copy but its going nowhere!!!.
Another good read is about Albert Pierpoint the hangman. Its his own autobiography and he tells how he started along side his farther and uncle and how he had to hang one guy who was a customer at the pub, Help the poor Struggler, he was Landlord at Manchester Road Nr Oldham. Its a falacy that he had a sign No Hanging around the Bar in his pub, he never did.

Just bought a 1960 copy of Warrior for the Working Day in V good condition for £4.00. Result

Google saying

“Soldier Spy”
“Capture or Kill”
Then .. “I Spy: My Life in MI5”

I asked because I thought Soldier Spy, was just short story’s in one book, that I’m not a fan of.

I just downloaded Capture or Kill
Sorry my mistake I thought you meant Paul Carter ;)

Back