What are you growing at the moment?

D95C7A2A-7930-43CB-A624-C66A4719560A.jpeg9407881F-5AFD-4920-BD3B-BFF78FEA492B.jpegE2DA7678-A9B5-45F5-B35A-F20E642EE834.jpeg
Reaping the benefits of all the hard work in the garden. Not all successful though - squirrels got into my polytunnel and have eaten all my corn cobs! They’re reds though so I’m cool with that.

View attachment 79866View attachment 79867View attachment 79868
Reaping the benefits of all the hard work in the garden. Not all successful though - squirrels got into my polytunnel and have eaten all my corn cobs! They’re reds though so I’m cool with that.

Frank the Pug !!!!

1596400775532.png

I've re-planted a mint plant from the bottom of the garden (next door really), got a couple of foxgloves going from seed, loads of chilli's again, and my spud plant is looking good.

I've been using/drying my own chilli's for a few years. The plants are not doing so well this year, not sure why... One is 5 the other is in its 3rd year...
Planted another so let's see.
Also dropped a couple of sprouting spuds into a pot to see what happens. Will replant if they do something.
Chillis are notoriously hard to grow - effectively at least. They can be herrendously fussy.

I grew a couple then they all just died one year. mainly because my dad read one article on the internet saying they would grow back if he cut them down to the stump.
Five years down the drain... Twit.
The rest of them, as i said, just died. I still to this day dont understand what happened. I looked after them well. My feeling is perhaps i may have over fed and under fed them a couple times and it just left the soil unbalanced.. meh. Ooops.

Aloe vera though..
Well...
That another ball game. I've managed to get my beasties to flower about 18 times in the past 3 years.
something one gardener said hed never seen happen to his in 40 years.....
Im generally not very good at growing anything that i can realistically eat. :(

Grapes, 3 types of apples, apricots, salad, rocket, radish, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, runner beans, leeks, potatoes, strawberries, raspberries and now avocados, just got my olives trees to start producing too, all at 53 degrees north ! We start eating from the garden properly in early March and don't stop until November time, polytunnel is the way to go.

I would rather not say. Ha ha ha ha. Sorry sad but true growing nothing apart from a set of sideburns.

I'm pretty pleased with my harvest so far. I got around 20k of potatoes, salad veg coming out of my ears, loads of herbs, carrots, parsnips and jalapenos. The best stuff came from the greenhouse despite running temps at over 40 odd degrees.

It seems that the veg patch I put in along side the house is in shade most of the day and those veggies are pretty unimpressive and probably won't come to much. As it happens, the house next door to me is being demolished and when they took the roof off loads of bits of the cavity wall insulation settled over the veg. The developer dropped round yesterday to see if the demolition had caused any problems and I was quick to point out the veg was all ruined now that there was loads of bits of fibreglass over it. I pointed out that whilst it may indeed be a pretty poor veg patch, it was still my veg patch and I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to eat any of it. (We're talking about half a dozen carrots, two lettuce and a Thia basil plant here.) He popped in today and gave me 200 quid for the inconvenience.

So, all in all, it's been a very productive year so far!

I'm pretty pleased with my harvest so far. I got around 20k of potatoes, salad veg coming out of my ears, loads of herbs, carrots, parsnips and jalapenos. The best stuff came from the greenhouse despite running temps at over 40 odd degrees.

It seems that the veg patch I put in along side the house is in shade most of the day and those veggies are pretty unimpressive and probably won't come to much. As it happens, the house next door to me is being demolished and when they took the roof off loads of bits of the cavity wall insulation settled over the veg. The developer dropped round yesterday to see if the demolition had caused any problems and I was quick to point out the veg was all ruined now that there was loads of bits of fibreglass over it. I pointed out that whilst it may indeed be a pretty poor veg patch, it was still my veg patch and I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to eat any of it. (We're talking about half a dozen carrots, two lettuce and a Thia basil plant here.) He popped in today and gave me 200 quid for the inconvenience.

So, all in all, it's been a very productive year so far!

Hi ya... Should have asked if they had any floor boards or old rafters ( if the next door was coming down )...Would make great timber for raised beds for next years crops;)

Back