What are you drinking tonight?

I have got to check those Westerham beers out now @CAB. I can’t believe I haven’t come across them before, I live 10 miles down the road from them...!

Thanks for the heads up!

Andy

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I have got to check those Westerham beers out now @CAB. I can’t believe I haven’t come across them before, I live 10 miles down the road from them...!

Thanks for the heads up!

Andy
They talk about being the spiritual successor to the former Black Eagle brewery, and using their old yeasts; not one I had heard of but supposedly a big concern in the past, before being taken over and shut down by Trumans (?).

Some excellent beers there, even better if you can pick them up locally :thumbsup:

London Pride.

If you think that the Bottom has fallen out of your World. Drink Real Ale and let the World fall out of your Bottom!

From a Bog Wall in a pub,
Ye Crack,
Liverpool

• Haha
"half and half"

Bitter and mild, usually in a Holts or Hydes Manchester pub.

Love a good mild, never saw one down south but lots when I moved up north. Took a while to appreciate them though.

Pint of mixed is what it was called round here.

Mild was a little before my time, I tried a few though whilst growing up.
It did start making a comeback at one point (with all these modern craft ale/hipster/microbreweries) but it must of been shortlived as don't hear of a mild at all nowadays. Probably not a bad thing :laugh:

• Haha
Corona when SWMBO returns from shopping :thumbsup::oops::whistle:

Edit: 36 of these bad boys. Good job it’s a school night.

image.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
SWMBO brought them home @JOG. Very thoughtful wife. :thumbsup:;)

Pint of mixed is what it was called round here.

Mild was a little before my time, I tried a few though whilst growing up.
It did start making a comeback at one point (with all these modern craft ale/hipster/microbreweries) but it must of been shortlived as don't hear of a mild at all nowadays. Probably not a bad thing :laugh:
I always thought that meant a whiskey and a bear in separate glasses. A chaser in other words. :unsure: :)

Back