What are you drinking tonight?

My mate went to Haarlem in the Netherlands a couple of days ago and dropped me off a crate of beers today.

This is a Dutch Quadrupel Maallust 1818. 10%. Very sweet and chocolate flavoured. Nice, but one is enough

759CD47A-B394-49B6-B962-4D4969617943.jpeg

Last edited:
Back on The London Pride in a bottle this evening from de supermarket. Yes of course we do have them, we are served by the sheep creatures From de Land where men are men and sheep are very afraid.:devil:

Maybe I shall join this lot and buy one of these as it is living and I have a taste all things living...

• Love
Reactions: CAB
Lidl’s are sneered at.....unfairly so! SWMBO swears by their wine! (I’m more a heathen beer man!)
I agree with you absolutely. The she who is always right, even when she is wrong er not right, right, wrong. gosh how does she do that. Before Covid 19 we shopped almost exclusively in Lidl for weekly shops, well she did I just perused the centre isles and pretended to be busy. I detest those yeast products that I am sent to search for, the devils brew stuff, marmite ouch, even saying the word makes me shiver. Just like a cross, errr word that is or the garlic erm Gaelic stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
I agree with you absolutely. The she who is always right, even when she is wrong er not right, right, wrong. gosh how does she do that. Before Covid 19 we shopped almost exclusively in Lidl for weekly shops, well she did I just perused the centre isles and pretended to be busy. I detest those yeast products that I am sent to search for, the devils brew stuff, marmite ouch, even saying the word makes me shiver. Just like a cross, errr word that is or the garlic erm Gaelic stuff.
Lidl’s all the way for us! And she can always find me .....in the middle aisle!

Nah. The current gf brought this one round last year and as a cheap drinker, it's great. I like lots of Hobgoblin and San Miguel or anything not too hoppy and wine can be anything from a £4 Lidl bottle to a £25 boekenhoutskloof...
This wine, as I said is just closing a bitch of a week. Does the job.

Back