WestDubs Poptop

Sorry to bump old thread. But when closed is there enough room to keep the duvet and pillows up there?!
Not done it myself but we have a memory foam mattress up there all the time. Assuming you will have a mattress up there already then I would say there might be enough space for a thin duvet too but not pillows. I’ve just ordered a self inflating mattress for the rock and roll bed which I hope might fit up there for transport once fully deflated.

We put a very thin quilt up there which is OK but I doubt a pillow would fit as well.

Hi All

Your help would be appreciated so much… when I drive I get little noise - the van I purchased already fitted out had aerodynamic strips in key places to reduce it and it works very well compared to my friend who doesn’t and his sounds noisy in comparison.

When I was driving yesterday, I was on the motorway… and only when I was at the speed limit… I could hear a ton of noise from the pop top. When I put my hand up there whilst driving I could feel the wind against my hand. I pulled over, and nothing was open or exposed. So I carried on, it would stop if I manually pulled on it whilst driving - so in my head I’m thinking it just needs to be tighter. But I’m not sure, the straps I got given barely have much length on them so I have to try my best to secure it.

Can anyone help? Please!

I've got a Westdubs and didn't find the noise very obtrusive before I fitted a hatch cover - it's even less so now. A few questions come to mind:
You say 'aerodynamic strips in key places' (ie. plurals). What do you mean? Photos might help. On my van, there's a single thickish triangular rubber strip above the windscreen in front of the roof and that's how it came out of Westdubs when the roof was fitted.
Had you done anything in between there being 'little noise' and when you 'could hear a ton of noise'?
Why not just buy some longer straps? They are not expensive from eBay, even for 3M ones, (but I would advise against buying the cheapest that you find.

Last edited:
Back