Practicalities and cost of fitting a pop top to an existing converted camper

jackieToo

Hi, my first post here, I'm new to VW camper ownership as I've only had the van a couple of months.

My van is fully professionally converted including a poptop but my friend has just bought one without the poptop, so they are looking to get one installed but it is my understanding that it's not an easy job on a fully finished conversion!
Has anyone got experience or info on how much extra it would cost?
Thanks for any help/advice

Reactions: CAB
I did the same as my van was converted by my self already and did not know if it was possible.
I had put it off for years as it’s a major structural part of the van and did not trust people
I had my roof done by Kombi-kamp up in Accrington Lancs
Can not praise them enough,2 of my friends have had roofs done by them and I can say from an annal person they are fantastic.
Attention to detail is great ,wish I had done it years ago as it makes such a difference,if you want a top job call Jim or Bob and tell him you were told by the lads from Coventry .
They are only a small company with just the 2 of them ( brothers) .

I did the same as my van was converted by my self already and did not know if it was possible.
I had put it off for years as it’s a major structural part of the van and did not trust people
I had my roof done by Kombi-kamp up in Accrington Lancs
Can not praise them enough,2 of my friends have had roofs done by them and I can say from an annal person they are fantastic.
Attention to detail is great ,wish I had done it years ago as it makes such a difference,if you want a top job call Jim or Bob and tell him you were told by the lads from Coventry .
They are only a small company with just the 2 of them ( brothers) .
Wow, that looks superb!
Did they have any problems cutting through into the already-finished interior? My friend's camper has full carpet and side units almost to the roof on the drivers' side.
I will find them and give them a call and see if they would quote for the job. Dare I ask what ballpark figure you paid? Also, do they do other work to campers?

Wow, that looks superb!
Did they have any problems cutting through into the already-finished interior? My friend's camper has full carpet and side units almost to the roof on the drivers' side.
I will find them and give them a call and see if they would quote for the job. Dare I ask what ballpark figure you paid? Also, do they do other work to campers?
No problems ,all i did was to remove the boards on the roof for them to make it easy but did not have to.
All kitchen units etc were in when they did the roof, matched up the stretch carpet to the already fitted stuff.
I can not rate them highly enough ,it shows that we all traveled up from Coventry to get them fitted.

Colour coded roof 150w solar panel roof bars bed board and 6 led lights 3 down each side was £3350 all in.

van roof1.jpg

van roof3.jpg

van roof2.jpg

No problems ,all i did was to remove the boards on the roof for them to make it easy but did not have to.
All kitchen units etc were in when they did the roof, matched up the stretch carpet to the already fitted stuff.
I can not rate them highly enough ,it shows that we all traveled up from Coventry to get them fitted.

Colour coded roof 150w solar panel roof bars bed board and 6 led lights 3 down each side was £3350 all in.

View attachment 222268

View attachment 222269

View attachment 222270
That's a great set-up and good value for the pop top etc! thank you for your help and recommendations, I will phone Kombi-Kamp tomorrow for a chat.

No problem
They are great lads and do what they say they will do, last thing they can do the lining on the inside of the roof in black and this looks great when the roof is in the down position usually its white this after time will show finger marks.
Good luck you wont be disappointed

View attachment 222268

View attachment 222269

View attachment 222270
Sorry to jump in I notice your table fitted to the rear tail gate has a detached leg do you know the make of the table leg pls also the fitting system holding the table and leg cheers

Sorry to jump in I notice your table fitted to the rear tail gate has a detached leg do you know the make of the table leg pls also the fitting system holding the table and leg cheers
The leg and brackets were from Clearcut conversions and the table from Ebay also the leg pulls out of the socket and fitted to the tail gate with 2 large terry clips

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

Back