Welsh Coast Camper owner

Hi All,
New member here - been lurking for a while whilst researching what to go for with our van, but finally picked ours up at the weekend - T6 T28 Startline, converted by Welsh Coast Campers. Really happy with it and now seem to be rapidly emptying my bank account buying stuff for it :cool::eek:

Attachments

• 20210515_184629.jpg
    20210515_184629.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 07.26.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 07.26.52.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 27
Picked up my first campervan just before Christmas from welsh coast campers, not been able to get a decent picture till now as weather has been rubbish.

Just thought I'd say hello!

I'm already in love with it and looking forward to the many adventures we have booked in.

Got a few upgrades planned, starting with the sorry excuses for head lights and a remap.

Already found stuff on this forum very useful just from having a browse.

Any advice, tips or tricks is welcome and appreciated!

1000034868.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't have a passenger captains seat, someone has one for sale on this forum. I'd snap it up quick as they are hard to come by.....

Picked up my first campervan just before Christmas from welsh coast campers...

Got a few upgrades planned, starting with the sorry excuses for head lights and a remap.
Snap!

Just taken deliver of a T6 from Welsh Coast Campers too.

What is wrong with your lights? We have not had a chance to get out, given all the best weather.

I have a long list of upgrades. It's going to be fun!

PXL_20240120_150645742~3.jpg

Snap!

What is wrong with your lights? We have not had a chance to get out, given all the best weather.

lights are just really poor, it's like having 2 candle's on the front when your driving in the dark.

Snap!

View attachment 226895
Love the colour of your van!

The headlights are just extremely poor, it's like having 2 candle's in the front when your driving in the dark. I've come from a car with bi-xenons to this so it's really noticeable.

Welcome and nice van. Have you H4 headlights? If so their poor quality is well-documented and many choose to upgrade them to H7 or LED. I went to LED and couldn't even give away the H4's! Have a look here:

H4 To H7 Upgrade

Welcome and nice van. Have you H4 headlights? If so their poor quality is well-documented and many choose to upgrade them to H7 or LED. I went to LED and couldn't even give away the H4's! Have a look here:

H4 To H7 Upgrade
Yes it's got stock H4 headlights unfortunately and 80% of my driving is in darkness.

Thanks for the link, I'm currently looking at options for LED headlights, I keep adding THQ V3 to the basket but not pulled the trigger yet. From what I can tell it's only the DRL that are LED on them and I'd have to buy a HID kit as well. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

H4 To H7 Upgrade
Headlight upgrade had not made my list, focusing on things like a heater and radio upgrade.

Given most of my driving will be in Scotland, I will have a serious look at this.

How can you tell I have H4 lights, it is a 16-plate TRANSPORTER T28 S-LINE TDI BMT.

We got our van in Jan 4 years ago now. We then had 2 named storms and a single night away in it before lockdown! Before you know it it will be proper camping weather but you should be able to get away in it even in winter so have you stayed in it yet?

Looks like your van is pretty sorted but have a look at (and join) for more ideas:
Thread 'Team Reflex Silver'
Team Reflex Silver
I like the inverted colours on the wing mirrors btw, not sure I’ve seen that before

I have THQ v3 lights in mine with I think just the uprated lamps that are sold with it (not LED). I bought a HID kit and always planned to fit it next time the front was off but since lockdown ended 3 odd years ago I only want to spend time go away in it so haven’t bothered. I find that as long as the car behind has good lights you are ok (I have noticed the section of road where my lights should be is just a shadow from the car behind, that’s how bad they are! :) ). I would recommend going the full Monty and getting OEM LEDs fitted, they are expensive to retrofit but you can save money by doing it your self with secondhand parts or the H7 headlights. Both these give real improvements, the THQ units are more for show than go

We got our van in Jan 4 years ago now. We then had 2 named storms and a single night away in it before lockdown! Before you know it it will be proper camping weather but you should be able to get away in it even in winter so have you stayed in it yet?

Looks like your van is pretty sorted but have a look at (and join) for more ideas:
Thread 'Team Reflex Silver'
Team Reflex Silver
I like the inverted colours on the wing mirrors btw, not sure I’ve seen that before

I have THQ v3 lights in mine with I think just the uprated lamps that are sold with it (not LED). I bought a HID kit and always planned to fit it next time the front was off but since lockdown ended 3 odd years ago I only want to spend time go away in it so haven’t bothered. I find that as long as the car behind has good lights you are ok (I have noticed the section of road where my lights should be is just a shadow from the car behind, that’s how bad they are! :) ). I would recommend going the full Monty and getting OEM LEDs fitted, they are expensive to retrofit but you can save money by doing it your self with secondhand parts or the H7 headlights. Both these give real improvements, the THQ units are more for show than go
I've had a couple of single nights in it, I work nights and sometimes have no work so it's come in handy to get my head down, one of the nights was -5°c so was very thankful for the diesel heater.

Got over 30 nights booked in this year with the wife and 2 kids so will be a good to actually use it properly. Bought a Vango vacation air awning as well so looking forward to getting it fully set up.

I think that's the main reason I haven't bought the THQ lights, they look really nice but it's more practicality I'm after than the cosmetic and I'm not personally a big fan of the sweeping indicators. I did research the OEM led route but the price is just to much to justify for me. Think maybe the second hand H7 might be a good route to go down though

You are more organised than me than. So far we have 2 nights booked up :confused:

Sounds like the H7s are definitely worth a look then.

Btw, I like the dynamic indicators, that why I bought them. I now have them on the back and even the repeaters :D But lots of people choose others because in sunlight they are difficult to see on the headlights (more to do with the defuser than the sweep though). I have even been shouted at by a cyclist for not indicating when I was!

You are more organised than me than. So far we have 2 nights booked up :confused:

Sounds like the H7s are definitely worth a look then.

Btw, I like the dynamic indicators, that why I bought them. I now have them on the back and even the repeaters :D But lots of people choose others because in sunlight they are difficult to see on the headlights (more to do with the defuser than the sweep though). I have even been shouted at by a cyclist for not indicating when I was!
First year with it so I'm like a giddy child booking weekends away

Hey we all have different tastes, that's the fun thing about customizing your van you can do it to what you like. I have sweeping indicators on my other car. They do look nice though, if I was to put them on id have to do the back and sides as well like you otherwise my OCD wouldn't be happy. Bet they look cool though all sweeping in sync!

Back