Welcome new members

Well good luck and don’t forget to ask for advice. Asking is contributing cos there’s always someone else wanting the same information as you on the journey you’re going to go through. :thumbsup:

Evening all. Another new one. I say ‘new’ but I’ve been reading, lurking and learning for a long time. Seeing as the arrival of my van is imminent it only feels right to start participating and fixing/spending to resolve the errors I’ve inevitably already made or want to upgrade. An expensive business so far feels like it’s going to become even more so!

Incoming is a SWB Highline 150 DSG mainly to enable the two of us and two dogs to get away for long weekends more frequently without having to worry about accommodation and once we get properly kitted out the ambition is for longer trips on the road around the UK and into Europe.

Thanks for adding me. We are brand new campervanners (if that’s a word!) we’ve had our new to us van for a couple of weeks now so busy kitting it out. Look forward to reading posts first one to look for is drive away awning recommendations

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for adding me. We are brand new campervanners (if that’s a word!) we’ve had our new to us van for a couple of weeks now so busy kitting it out. Look forward to reading posts first one to look for is drive away awning recommendations
Welcome to the forum.

For awning ideas, check out this thread...

Welcome.
As for awnings, do your homework and buy the spec you want.
Eg. Built in groundsheet or are you happy with a separate one?
Poles or Airbeam?
How many of you will be using it, size does matter.
Is it for lounging about or sleeping too.
Good luck with your travels.

Last edited:
Hello, Ascot Grey 6.1 panel van newbie here.
Keen mountain biker, camper dog owner and have a 14 month old, so van was obvious choice.
Shes very standard at the moment, i'll be making some minor mods in the short term, wheels and a bit of trim. But long term, some converting to make the rear partitioned to house the bikes / other stuff on a pull out plus some basic sleeping quarters for myself for the bike park trips.
My current quandary is how to go abut adding in some ISOFIX points to by current front bench.
I've looked at some aftermarket items off ebay, but I'm not satisfied with the secureness... so I'm in the process of designing a isofix mount which will attach to the fixing points of the bench backrest (2 large torx bolts one side, 1 massive torx bolt on the other).
Any pointers or examples are most appreciated.

Hello , I'm a bit new to all this. In the summer, I bought a VW Transporter 6.1 Highline (I hope Im still allowed on here as its 6.1! ) - but I thought it could be useful for me being on the forum, if I have any queries and I can hopefully learn from other people's experiences. Have a lovely weekend, Jules x

Hello , I'm a bit new to all this. In the summer, I bought a VW Transporter 6.1 Highline (I hope Im still allowed on here as its 6.1! ) - but I thought it could be useful for me being on the forum, if I have any queries and I can hopefully learn from other people's experiences. Have a lovely weekend, Jules x
welcome! its a shared T6 and T6.1 forum even have t5s on here to so all good!

Bonjourno.
Hello Cuffy - thanks for the welcome - a T6 Guru - that's impressive! J

Hello Cuffy - thanks for the welcome - a T6 Guru - that's impressive! J
Not really, I just post a lot of drivel.
Certainly no expert :slow rofl:
T'is a great forum, some very knowledgeable folk on here.
Enjoy the van and the forum.

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi thx for adding me newbie with Bsmboo Green T6 T32 2016

Reactions: CAB
I probably should post this in the 'Insurance' thread but just wanted to say that being part of this forum is fab - last week I queried re different insurers as Direct Line have stopped insuring 'camper vans' and I had less than a week to get sorted - which was stressful as busy at work too - people here suggested A Plan amongst others and I tried them and they've been brilliant. SO big thanks all! Jules x

Back