Webasto not working? (Solved)

Thor

Norwegian member
Hi folks! It's been snowing over the last few days, so I've been trying to use the factory fitted webasto in my "new" MY16 van but I can't get it to work. I've read the manual, light on the remote lights green for a few seconds as it's supposed to but nothing happens. I've also tried programming a time and just starting it manually but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a carista on the way to check for fault codes, but shipping from UK takes a couple of weeks an by that time i probably won't need the webasto until fall.

what van?
more than a 1/4 tank fuel?
batteries not flat?
Have you also tested it on a warm afternoon?

light on the remote lights green for a few seconds
Steady (=ok) or flashing (=not ok) green?
Do you have a second battery (factory installed) under the left seat? Is that ok?

what van?
more than a 1/4 tank fuel?
batteries not flat?
Have you also tested it on a warm afternoon?
Transporter T6 150hp diesel 4motion
Tank is 3/4 full
Not measured batteries but everything works and there is no reason to suspect them. (Edit: battery measures 13.7v 45 minutes after parking)
I've tested at +8c, that is the warmest it's been since i bought it. Also tried it with the engine warm with no difference.

Steady (=ok) or flashing (=not ok) green?
Do you have a second battery (factory installed) under the left seat? Is that ok?
Steady gren light
Yes, factory second battery, not tested it but have no reason to belive it's not OK. (Edit: battery measures 13.7v 45 minutes after parking)

Need more information to begin with - what model Webasto? What controller & remote are you using?
No idea, no idea and no idea. It's the factory fitted system in all original state. It's described in the manual only as a webasto coolant heater with no further info that I can find.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Carista came in today so i got this figured out. The fuse was missing... No idea why. Hopefully not a bad sign, I'll do a test run when the car has cooled down from todays errands.

For future referance: Related fault codes where 13701440 and 01207. Replacing the fuse also cleared fault 25798 from the engine?

Reactions: mmi
Carista came in today so i got this figured out. The fuse was missing... No idea why. Hopefully not a bad sign, I'll do a test run when the car has cooled down from todays errands.

For future referance: Related fault codes where 13701440 and 01207. Replacing the fuse also cleared fault 25798 from the engine?
maybe the previous owner blew a different fuse & borrowed that one to get him going.

maybe the previous owner blew a different fuse & borrowed that one to get him going.
Hoping that's what it is, or they pulled it thinking it was for some aftermarket equipment they removed before selling it. Still tracing some left over wiring and stuff...

Back