@ZimaSpartan before you flash your heater, get the Multicontrol hooked up and see how it works without flashing.
Do you have someone who can flash the heater for you? Obd11 won't be of much help if you intend to keep your T6 for some time...
Keep us posted on the results.
Hello again.

I tested today.

I hooked up Multicontrol and it is not working.
The display powers on and all the parameters can be selected. When I quick start or select start heater via timer I can hear a click from the vehicle. Sounds like a clicking relay and green light on control is glowing but heater is not starting. After few seconds green light goes off. No errors on multicontrol or in OBDII.

On live data on OBD i found lines saying that outside temp is over limit (outside temp was 6 deg. celsius) and that parking heater not active or supported (cant remember and I forgot to take a screen shoot).

The engine was warm cause I just came from work, is it possible that this could be the problem?

Any ideas?

Thank you...

Hello again.

I tested today.

I hooked up Multicontrol and it is not working.
The display powers on and all the parameters can be selected. When I quick start or select start heater via timer I can hear a click from the vehicle. Sounds like a clicking relay and green light on control is glowing but heater is not starting. After few seconds green light goes off. No errors on multicontrol or in OBDII.

On live data on OBD i found lines saying that outside temp is over limit (outside temp was 6 deg. celsius) and that parking heater not active or supported (cant remember and I forgot to take a screen shoot).

The engine was warm cause I just came from work, is it possible that this could be the problem?

Any ideas?

Thank you...
I have just the manual found here: https://www.lvparts.lv/files/downlo..._D_Aufrüstung_2020_TT-Evo(OE)_Kit_1328073.pdf
I had doors opened and climatronics temp not set to 20 deg. Do you think that is the problem... but i think heater should work anyway. Maybe just blower does not work when not set probably... any ideas...

I guess i should try once more...

I have just the manual found here: https://www.lvparts.lv/files/download/?type=SP&id=76&name=1328074A_EN_VW_T6.1_D_Aufrüstung_2020_TT-Evo(OE)_Kit_1328073.pdf
I had doors opened and climatronics temp not set to 20 deg. Do you think that is the problem... but i think heater should work anyway. Maybe just blower does not work when not set probably... any ideas...

I guess i should try once more...
Looks like webasto added an extra control unit (which they call Cronus)...
I am sure it can be done simpler but little experience and absence of a real T6.1 to experiment do not allow me to give advice here...

Looks like webasto added an extra control unit (which they call Cronus)...
I am sure it can be done simpler but little experience and absence of a real T6.1 to experiment do not allow me to give advice here...
@eugene I found data about Coronus which is some sort of CAN-bus interface more like the DANHAG but with much more work around dash and with heater flashing. At this moment I think that DANHAG is a better solution since it is a plug&play module on 17p connector under seat and as I can understand there is no need to flash heater and no additional wires to Climatronic in opposite to Climate where additional loom is needed. Can anyone confirm this? And price for Cronus with flashing is higher...

Assurez-vous d'avoir éteint avec la télécommande avant de tenter à nouveau le démarrage. (Sur mon T100 si je démarre avec la télécommande je dois alors éteindre avec la télécommande plutôt qu'avec n'importe quel autre contrôleur sinon la télécommande continue dans le mode de la dernière commande)
Pour démarrer, appuyez et maintenez jusqu'à ce que le voyant fixe s'éteigne, cela vous indique que le radiateur a reçu la commande. Une fois le chauffage en marche, le voyant doit clignoter jusqu'à ce qu'il soit éteint.
(Je préfère le T100 car vous avez alors un écran LCD sur la télécommande avec les informations allumées.)
Bonjour j'ai installé le kit telstar t100
impossible de démarrer
Code vcds 0010
Vous pourriez m'aider
merci

@eugene I found data about Coronus which is some sort of CAN-bus interface more like the DANHAG but with much more work around dash and with heater flashing. At this moment I think that DANHAG is a better solution since it is a plug&play module on 17p connector under seat and as I can understand there is no need to flash heater and no additional wires to Climatronic in opposite to Climate where additional loom is needed. Can anyone confirm this? And price for Cronus with flashing is higher...
Hi. Did you get around to installing it?
Cronus is not required for T6.1. As I said before, the installation is same as T6 if you're on climatronic. The only thing we need to find out is the part numbers of the flash files for the T6.1. I can then probably get hold of the firmware. This option is very cheap.
But if flashing is not available to you, easiest is to buy Danhag.

Bonjour Eugène
Merci pour vos réponses et vidéos
je problème que j'ai c est que le vcds me chauffage stationnaire pas activé
Et je ne sais pas comment faire
Merci

Well, this thread is all about heater modification on T6 (PQ25 platform) - yours is T6.1 (MQB platform) which means that the all the controllers are different. This modification on T6.1 has not yet been done AFAIK.

Anyways, on T6.1 the desired functionality (OEM remote) as from factory has the following identifiers:
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)
Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 A HW: 5WA 963 272 A
Component: STH-VW37x 006 0010
Coding: 3543223854121512DCE519

Note: a different software than on T6.
Hi mmi. Do you know if the scan above is from a car with the remote control or just the overhead panel?
I really hope it's got the remote installed as well.

Just trying to help others on T6.1.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)       Labels:* None
   Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 A    HW: 5WA 963 272 A
   Component: STH-VW37x     006 0010
   Coding: 3543222054121512DCE519
   Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X 001009
   ROD: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X_VW27.rod

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:

No fault code found.

Hi mmi. Do you know if the scan above is from a car with the remote control or just the overhead panel?
I really hope it's got the remote installed as well.

Just trying to help others on T6.1.
Not 100% sure anymore - as I don't have access to that van anymore. Anyways, the software is the "nordic" one - with preheat capability.
So what exactly is your concern? Coding or software?

This below MY22 T6.1 obviously has - a mention in VCDS Auto-Scan:
Code:
   Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 C    HW: 5WA 963 272 C
   Component: STH-VW37x     006 0012
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X 002009
   ROD: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X_002.rod

Auxiliary heating remote control:

No fault code found.

Also a MY20 T6.1
Code:

No fault code found.

The latter grabbed from

Not 100% sure anymore - as I don't have access to that van anymore. Anyways, the software is the "nordic" one - with preheat capability.
So what exactly is your concern? Coding or software?

This below MY22 T6.1 obviously has - a mention in VCDS Auto-Scan:
Code:
   Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 C    HW: 5WA 963 272 C
   Component: STH-VW37x     006 0012
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X 002009
   ROD: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X_002.rod

Auxiliary heating remote control:

No fault code found.

Also a MY20 T6.1
Code:

No fault code found.

The latter grabbed from
Now I am confused. Both of the scans mention Remote Control. But the software is different.
In first example it is: 5WA 963 272 C
In the second example (like in the Nordic setup van that you posted): 5WA 963 272 A

The questions I am trying to answer:
1. What software is installed on a T6.1 van with the telestart remote present? So far it seems, 5WA 963 272 A is the software with the telestart (and overhead remote). But I need a confirmation of this.
2. The telestart recievers used in this thread (3Q0963513) are designed for MQB cars (LIN connection). Does T6.1 need flashing at all? (since it's an MQB)

If I had a T6.1 at hand, I wouldn't ask, I would just try it, especially that I already managed to get hold of 5WA 963 272 A software (FL_5WA963272A_0010__V001.frf)

Last edited:
Now I am confused. Both of the scans mention Remote Control. But the software is different.
In first example it is: 5WA 963 272 C
In the second example (like in the Nordic setup van that you posted): 5WA 963 272 A
Well, it looks like there is possibly a change in production thus suffix change from A to C (around MY21). However, it's just my feeling based on few scans I have managed to collect.
1. What software is installed on a T6.1 van with the telestart remote present? So far it seems, 5WA 963 272 A is the software with the telestart (and overhead remote). But I need a confirmation of this.
Likely both 5WA 963 272 A and 5WA 963 272 C.
Code:
Note: Variants 5WA 963 272 and  5WA 963 272 B seem to reside with petrol engines.

2. The telestart recievers used in this thread (3Q0963513) are designed for MQB cars (LIN connection). Does T6.1 need flashing at all? (since it's an MQB)
Not exactly. The remote receiver connects only to heater controller - no CANbus connection - thus not really related to PQ- or MQB-platform.

Heaters sold further south in Europe seem to have installed software: 5WA 963 271 A or 5WA 963 271 C. Again transition at/around MY21.

Well, it looks like there is possibly a change in production thus suffix change from A to C (around MY21). However, it's just my feeling based on few scans I have managed to collect.

Likely both 5WA 963 272 A and 5WA 963 272 C.
Code:
Note: Variants 5WA 963 272 and  5WA 963 272 B seem to reside with petrol engines.

Not exactly. The remote receiver connects only to heater controller - no CANbus connection - thus not really related to PQ- or MQB-platform.

Heaters sold further south in Europe seem to have installed software: 5WA 963 271 A or 5WA 963 271 C. Again transition at/around MY21.
Thanks mmi!
If we follow this logic, the installation of telestart follows the same process as for the T6, only difference is that either 5WA 963 272 A or 5WA 963 272 C need to be flashed...

I got hold of another t6.1 scan that does NOT have a telestart. The sw is 5WA 963 272 C. I presume according to the info you shared no flashing is required for that car.

As mentioned, I have a copy of 5WA 963 272 A flash file in case anyone needs a telestart on t6.1 and wants to experiment.

Back