Webasto Airtop 2000 Wiring Question

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So i got my electronics back from Germany, over 2 months in total to get it repairs :mad:

I installed the diesel heater, while i was waiting, so its all connected and plumbed up.

Now with the Multicontrol panel i have, do i need to fit the R1 Resistor?

Im hoping to fire it up tomorrow and test it

Edit: While i'm here, which one is F1 and F2 on the fuse holder?

Im assuming F1 is the closest to the mount and the F2 (1 amp) is the one on top.

I can't see any icon on the fuse box

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Firstly - what model 2000? D, S, ST, STC?
I'll assume latest model STC:
The 1 amp fuse goes into the holder with the thinnest wire. (It is F3 actually)
If you have bought a new heater the resistor should already be in the loom - remove the plug from the ecu and check the resistance across pins 8 and 9 in the plug, resistance should be 610 - 620 Ω.

Cheers oldie but goodie,

Yup its the STC, ill have to chase the thin wire down at the rear of the Fuse box with a mirror, its a pain where i fitted it, and didn't bother to check the fuse holder as i assumed it was labelled

As for the resistor, Sorry i got it wrong, i assumed the R1 was the temperature sender.

I'll have to look at the Webasto electrical layout tomorrow morning when I'm not tired and fit the the Temperature sender.

The wires with the resistor are usually taped up on the loom so that you can see and access them - should be two black/blue, resistor is cut out of the circuit and external temperature sensor fitted in place of it.

Thanks for your help, :thumbsup:

i'll have to have a better look in the morning when i head back to the workshop and see what i need to do.

I was wide awake at 3am, so i drove out to the workshop, extended the temperature sender as it was only long enough to sit in the cupboard and then i worked out the fuses.

Fired it up, took about 30 minutes to burn off the factory residue and then i enjoyed some heat while working on the van.

I'm surprised how quiet this model is, i did notice that my model was a new 2018 model with the new pump and rubber attachments.

Back