We Connect App - Purpose?

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
I looked at the VW we connect app, and unless I'm missing something it only allows you to send navigation routes to the car.. Also Meant to be a health monitoring report which I can't get to work.

What else is it meant to do?

I looked at the VW we connect app, and unless I'm missing something it only allows you to send navigation routes to the car.. Also Meant to be a health monitoring report which I can't get to work.

What else is it meant to do?
I had the previous incarnation of this free for the first 3 years (it was called Car-Net) and we-connect is, I think, just a rebrand which after the initial free period costs £70/year.
It was useful for sending destinations and poi’s over to the van from my MacBook but other than that it was pretty useless.
I have looked at the website and it now mentions CarPlay and Apple Music free for 6 months so I am not sure if the subscription adds CarPlay to a vehicle which does not already have it? It really isn’t very clear.
My vehicle didn’t have CarPlay so I paid the £100plus for the activation key.
Other than that I can’t see any point in having it especially at 70 a year.

OK same findings as me! I did see it allows real time traffic info and some updated POI but that's it.

VW is really missing the game by not having stand / aux heating other car settings etc controllable by app,

It might........look at this pic on the website it shows a switch for aux heater....it is so unclear.

CB0A3656-089C-416D-B40C-B247272B17AB.png

I have this but not sure how much use it is. Mine connects to the VW ODB dongle thing I asked for and got one given for nothing.

Back