We Connect App Turned Off

There is a subscription for the service to get alerts from the security system, or remotely lock/unlock. That carries over to the new app.
I'm not paying again, already paid for..We connect and it hasn't carried over our payment and enabled all the function's in My Volkswagen

Strictly speaking you paid for the We Connect service, which you can access some vehicle data and state via app and the web site, but also provides other services such as over the air satnav map updates and access to the streaming radio service.

For instance this is the website and I can still get alarm alerts via email if I want:

Screenshot_20231114-181933-01.jpeg

I much preferred the We Connect app too, but that's separate from the We Connect service.

If you want to get VW to cancel that you'll lose the other benefits as well as the app access.

Does anybody know how to setup a second user in My Volkswagen? My wife managed to setup her self as primary user of our VW T6.1. But can't add a second user. We had two user's on the old We Connect app. Thank you.

Does anybody know how to setup a second user in My Volkswagen? My wife managed to setup her self as primary user of our VW T6.1. But can't add a second user. We had two user's on the old We Connect app. Thank you.
Well this looks like a confusing mess...

You now have to do this in the website not the app:
  1. If you click on something like the help link in the app you'll end up on the website.
  2. On the page with the picture of your van scroll pretty much all the way down into the section with a dark blue background.
  3. Find the section "Vehicle Users" and click on the "Manage users" button.
You should be able to get the primary user to invite secondary users there (so long as they know the S-PIN) - I can't test that as we only have a single user.

I'd add screenshots but they'd be full of my VIN and personal details so I'd rather not do all that editing unless folks get really stuck!

I’m particular disappointed by this. My main gripe is that I don’t seem to be able to access the mapping to create and save destinations. So effectively now just useless.

When I queried this with VW about a month ago they told me:

“Please be informed that the functions you are familiar with from the We Connect app will be gradually integrated into the Volkswagen app.

“For this reason, vehicles that do not belong to the ID. family may currently have fewer functions in the Volkswagen app than in the We Connect app.

“The We Connect app is expected to remain usable until week 44. If you are currently missing important functions in the Volkswagen app, we recommend that you continue to use the We Connect app until it is switched off.

“Shortly before deactivation, you will be informed again via an app notification. Until then, the functions will be integrated into the Volkswagen app.”

Anyone know what this really means?

Martin

I’m particular disappointed by this. My main gripe is that I don’t seem to be able to access the mapping to create and save destinations. So effectively now just useless.

When I queried this with VW about a month ago they told me:

“Please be informed that the functions you are familiar with from the We Connect app will be gradually integrated into the Volkswagen app.

“For this reason, vehicles that do not belong to the ID. family may currently have fewer functions in the Volkswagen app than in the We Connect app.

“The We Connect app is expected to remain usable until week 44. If you are currently missing important functions in the Volkswagen app, we recommend that you continue to use the We Connect app until it is switched off.

“Shortly before deactivation, you will be informed again via an app notification. Until then, the functions will be integrated into the Volkswagen app.”

Anyone know what this really means?

Martin
our We connect app has been deactivated over a week ago, like I've said before.
We paid £75 and our subscription runs out next year. We can not use We Conect. The new bag of crap ( My Volkswagen app) is no way anywhere near as good as We Connect app. We can't add another user, when we go to add a new user, it comes up with a stupid message...see attached picture. I've even tried the My Volkswagen Web page like you suggested and get the same results.
It seems that the My Volkswagen app is different for every user. bonkers

20231116_162637.jpg

Last edited:
our We connect app has been deactivated over a week ago, like I've said before.
We paid £75 and our subscription runs out next year. We can not use We Conect. The new bag of crap ( My Volkswagen app) is no way anywhere near as good as We Connect app. We can't add another user, when we go to add a new user, it comes up with a stupid message...see attached picture. I've even tried the My Volkswagen Web page like you suggested and get the same results. We have decided to give VW a call and see if they can sort our app. Can't see anywhere I can re-invite them.
One good thing on the My Volkswagen app, you can see the addblue mileage left.
View attachment 220109

20231116_163418.jpg

Last edited:
Well this looks like a confusing mess...

You now have to do this in the website not the app:
  1. If you click on something like the help link in the app you'll end up on the website.
  2. On the page with the picture of your van scroll pretty much all the way down into the section with a dark blue background.
  3. Find the section "Vehicle Users" and click on the "Manage users" button.
You should be able to get the primary user to invite secondary users there (so long as they know the S-PIN) - I can't test that as we only have a single user.

I'd add screenshots but they'd be full of my VIN and personal details so I'd rather not do all that editing unless folks get really stuck!
We have tried everything to add a second user.. Its impossible on the My Volkswagen app for me. It does seem that everybody's My Volkswagen app is different. Thanks.

20231116_162637.jpg

Have you logged in to the van itself?

My reading of the screen is that you have to be a guest user who's logged into the van first before you can be invited as a secondary user.

So I had to go and tinker this morning.

This is the Android app.

The padlock symbol does indicate the state of the locking system.

Also if doors or windows are not closed the "picture" of the van changes to something like the MFD warning display to show this in red. The window one is subtle but as the whole diagram changes maybe not too bad?

Unlocked and driver door open:

View attachment 219854

Locked but with driver window an inch or two open (easy to miss with wind deflectors!)

View attachment 219855

Unlocked with slider open (the old app didn't warn me I had left the side open all night in a thunderstorm...)

View attachment 219856
Shout for showing this

Have been racking my brains to see if it shows windows open as sometimes my deflectors cause them to drop back down after convenience shutting them.

Interestingly the out of app links work today, so the driving data is now visible again (broken link messages yesterday). It feels like they had to slam the old app shut before they were quite ready. If I was into making up conspiracy theories I would say maybe they found a security issue, and rather than patch it they just pulled the plug.

Shout for showing this

Have been racking my brains to see if it shows windows open as sometimes my deflectors cause them to drop back down after convenience shutting them.
I have deflectors and I where always checking my windows because the We Connect app showed them open, but they where always shut when I checked my van. Can't see anywhere that you can check your windows in the new crappy app.
Yes they have closed the We Connect app way to early before My Volkswagen app is ready.

Yes, loads more information showing today!

There’s an option to export driving data - any ideas where it exports to? I’m on Apple

Tried this on the website on iPad and it does export something, but doesn’t seem to on iPhone

anyone have erroneous health issues reported on their app?

Today I have a 'drive' issue in the app - but absolutely no issues on dash / in van at all - the new app doesn't give any other information apart from flagging the section.
I know in the last app it would do this if you were low on fuel, and I was thismorning - but have since refuelled

Interested to hear if anyone else gets this. Image attached

IMG_B8AFDDDAA73F-1.jpeg

Today I have a 'drive' issue in the app - but absolutely no issues on dash / in van at all - the new app doesn't give any other information apart from flagging the section.
I know in the last app it would do this if you were low on fuel, and I was thismorning - but have since refuelled

View attachment 221364
I've given up with the new app, it seems to me, it's about selling vehicles and bugging owners into using their VW service centres.
Book you vehicle into a VW service centre to check your vehicle out. Your vehicle could need looking at or it could just be a glitch in the app..I wonder which?

I've given up with the new app, it seems to me, it's about selling vehicles and bugging owners into using their VW service centres.
Book you vehicle into a VW service centre to check your vehicle out. Your vehicle could need looking at or it could just be a glitch in the app..I wonder which?
If it's persistent I'll take it to a local VAG to get it read. But I'll see if it'll reset / sync itself after half hour of driving or so tomorrow first

View attachment 221364
Yesi have the same, the van has done just over 1000 miles. The App is garbage. Was it low on fuel per chance?

View attachment 221364
Mines the same as yours so more than likely an app issue rather than the van.

Back