Water Leaking In Through Sunroof/interior Light Unit

wooly2773

Hi All,

I've just purchased a t32 and after the torrential rain that we've had over the past day or two I noticed I was getting water droplets from the interior light unit in the front.

I have a sunroof and on closer inspection (after removing the interior light unit) I believe the water is coming in from where the sunroof light crank shaft is situated.

Has anyone seen this before and if so, how do I stop it? Reading a couple of threads I'm going to have to check that the roof bar screw holes are covered, as it could be from there.

I also noticed that the front of the sunroof sponge was sodden, so could it be coming from there?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Second van with a sunroof for me, T5 first, now T6. The T5 suffered a blocked drain pipe through dust and general crud, which with some careful poking & blowing with an air line and a sharp pointed jet end, cleared itself.

You can find the drain tube if you look carefully as the design won't change much I'm sure. Should be on the nearside.

I would however, really check the roof bolt fixing holes/threads. I think you'd get more volume inside from these, perhaps.

Good hunting..!

if it’s an oem roof lining remove middle section and you can trace the drain line .......hope that helps but as above it’s more likely blocked nearer the roof area

the plastic roof lining trim is easy to get off ..but be gentle :thumbsup:

Just remembered when we sound Proofed the van we found the drain hose for sunroof ......see picture
4C584232-0D3A-4570-991B-B7CBCC176F72.jpeg

Hi All,

I've just purchased a t32 and after the torrential rain that we've had over the past day or two I noticed I was getting water droplets from the interior light unit in the front.

I have a sunroof and on closer inspection (after removing the interior light unit) I believe the water is coming in from where the sunroof light crank shaft is situated.

Has anyone seen this before and if so, how do I stop it? Reading a couple of threads I'm going to have to check that the roof bar screw holes are covered, as it could be from there.

I also noticed that the front of the sunroof sponge was sodden, so could it be coming from there?

Any suggestions are very welcome.
Hi ...Don’t know if your still around...But if this helps..Just found out one of my front Drain plugs has been used as a cable entry point and I’m now having to move the cables and reinstate the drain grommet .....so if someone had blocked one of the drain plugs could explain your issue

Hi ...Don’t know if your still around...But if this helps..Just found out one of my front Drain plugs has been used as a cable entry point and I’m now having to move the cables and reinstate the drain grommet .....so if someone had blocked one of the drain plugs could explain your issue
Got any pics of that?

Back