Washer fluid leaking

carlg

204 DSG Highline Kombi MY23
VIP Member
T6 Legend
On a few occasions the low washer fluid light has come on, even though I haven't seemed to of used them that much.
Filled it up on Friday, then noticed fluid leaking. It's dripped for two days, light hasn't come on.
Anyone any idea where it could be leaking from

Pop the bonnet and have someone use the washer jets so you can check for any obvious leak. In my old T5.1, I found I had a leak in the hose near the hinge. I just bodged a repair with gaffer tape which is still holding (I kept the van in the family when I got my T6!)

However, as you aren't using the washer often, it suggests to me that your leak might be in the bottle itself.

Or, as in my case, make sure that there is actually a rubber grommet/seal in situ between the washer fluid bottle and the pump itself. I've just discovered that its missing from my washer bottle...FFS!

My washer bottle had a crack in it, all be it in my Volvo. I contact volvo for a new bottle... £135 +VAT!!!

Needless to say i bought a bit of bandage and some gorilla epoxy resin glue (2 pack). Stripped the bottle off the car, cleaned it, sanded the area i was going to repair with some 120 grit - just to give it something to key into. The mixed some resin, slapped it on generously, pushed some of the bandage into it and then slapped a load more over the top. Very generous with the resin given it only cost £10.

Its been like that for 3 years now no leaks and for £10 plus a bit of bandage its a lot cheaper than the Volvo one !!

I've discovered a leak (yellow arrow shows fluid droplet) from this pipe behind the near side fog light, I've botched it with some PTFE tape but it probably needs a replacement - does anyone have a part no and experience of doing this?

The lower end of the pipe disconnects from the pump easily enough, is it easy to find the top of it?

Thanks in advance
Chris

IMG_2522.jpg

I think the big white cylinder thing (with the black band around it) is a no return valve.
If thats not leaking and the leak is on the hose, you can buy a new bit of hose and some inline connectors... I recently did mine (all be it much higher up.. it was under the bonnet)... Either way i used something like this:

1675679029006.png

I also put some heat-shrink tube over the top of it all to give it a bit more protection... easy enough job to do in situ.

Good luck

Or, as in my case, make sure that there is actually a rubber grommet/seal in situ between the washer fluid bottle and the pump itself. I've just discovered that its missing from my washer bottle...FFS!
Hi, did your grommet have a little groove in it so it locked into the washer bottle or did it just sit in the hole, I’ve just put one in and it still leaks as the grommet just sits in the hole.

Back