Leak inside passenger footwell

Disciple72

Hi all,
I've got a leak coming in which is pooling under the passenger foot well, the other day I also noticed drips coming off the passenger grab handle which makes me think it could be down to the roof rack bolts leaking, having read on the other post. However, when I've come to take off the roof rack I just can't seem to remove the plugs, which I'm presuming are covering the securing bolt for the roof rack. I bought the van with the roof rack on so don't know if it's a custom job or factory fitted, although I suspect it's a custom. Any idea how I get the plugs off. I've attached a few picture. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240213_172553.jpg

IMG_20240213_172527.jpg
IMG_20240213_171712.jpg

They are just pushed in, use a small screw driver to lever them out but expect to damage the plastic a little - make sure you read the leak free roof bar thread

Pop the rubber bung and Unscrew the bolt using an Allen Key, use plumbers PTFE tape around the bolt and refit. Just for good measure you can also use a bit of mold proof silicon as you screw the bolts back. Make sure they're tight. No leaks.

@Disciple72 , hi there I have identified similar issue with the leak but not sure it is roof rack related as too much of water from few hours of rain (around 0.5l) on passanger step. I have identfied the route of the leak as below

20240218_102506.jpg
The leak is comming from the side channel (I have removed rubber cover for doors cables to check. I have pull out covers from under bonnet to check if leak is comming from there but it isn't.

Any advise?

thx

Back