Warranty Work but I still love it

mitchv60

A few weeks ago my kombi Sportline finished its warranty cover and had its first mot.
This is my 4th transporter but its been the most troublesome with numerous visits for warranty work.
its had
2 carbon mirror covers( pealing lacquer)
3 different bits at different times fitted to the passenger sliding door (it fails to open when below 4c)
clips for the interior roof trim( kept saging)
2 separated software updates to the media system and now awaiting a replacement unit.
passenger side sliding door glass and now awaiting a replacement for that replacement.
several visits for the lower spoiler fitment and eventually getting it all resprayed.
2 new wheel because of corrosion
2 squeaky seat bases 1 replaced 3 times because they kept damaging it on fitting.

It seems I may had a bit of a lemon nut but I still love the van.

Could you elaborate on the media system issues please?
I have a Discovery media that is playing up. Been fine for 4 years & now basically does what it wants. It had a software update a month ago that hasn’t fixed it. The main problem is the extreme RHS of the screen seems to have died (can’t input a destination beginning with M)

Yes no problem.When it first started playing up I though I was imagining it.
The volume doesn’t work.The unit won’t turn off unless you take the key out of the ignition and once not even then for about 20 seconds.It wouldnt connect to my phone by a lead or Bluetooth.
This was all intermitten,95% of the time it worked fine.
I had the first update which fixed it and the second one did but then it came back again and fortunately when i5 went back for the third visit it actually faulted while there so I’m now awaiting a new unit.
My screen has been fine it’s just everything else.
After speaking to my brother who has worked in the motor trade for nearly 40 years he said that most unit die once they’ve had a second soft ware update and he was right.

Yes no problem.When it first started playing up I though I was imagining it.
The volume doesn’t work.The unit won’t turn off unless you take the key out of the ignition and once not even then for about 20 seconds.It wouldnt connect to my phone by a lead or Bluetooth.
This was all intermitten,95% of the time it worked fine.
I had the first update which fixed it and the second one did but then it came back again and fortunately when i5 went back for the third visit it actually faulted while there so I’m now awaiting a new unit.
My screen has been fine it’s just everything else.
After speaking to my brother who has worked in the motor trade for nearly 40 years he said that most unit die once they’ve had a second soft ware update and he was right.
Thanks for the answer. Sounds different to my issues, but I’m now pushing for a new head unit too.

Back