Warning! T6 Kombi Side Door Attack - Tin Opener

Andy Walton

Morning All,

First post so be kind.

Warning to all T6 owners, someone tried to can open one of my vans last night.

Were they trying to take the van or only the contents?

The windows are limo tint on the back and you just about see nothing is in the back, rear seats and no bulkhead so nothing to stop you seeing whats in it.

Can these be taken without keys if you gain access, they didnt get in as far as i know.

Are they going to come back for another go?

image1.JPG image2.JPG

Ouch... i bet youre gutted.

On a FB group called tradesmen against thieves. Its shocking the amount of damage that is caused just to get in the back of a van for some tools.

Some vans they just fold the top of the door down.

Jesus I have never seen an atempt like that. Have they gone below the handle? Like mine I can see yours is also sign written which is good for business but can be bad depending on trade for advertising to low life scum of the earth what could possible be inside.

We had a run of these a while back in our area exactly the same attack, all transporters. They done about 10 in one week, i had 3 of my customer in that week with same. One had every tool taken, left it empty! he repaired and replaced then sleeped it his lounge incase the came back, they did, he disturbed them, they did one, police stopped them but they had nothing in the van so had to release them.
Need there hands chopping off. Never touch a mans livelihood.

Sorry to hear that andy :(

Last edited:
I'd be gutted, they need their hands smacking with an Hammer, then they won't go theeveing again

Can't nick the van without keys so they wanted the contents
Guessing they were trying to access the internal lock mechanism to open the door
Which door is that they attacked, guessing it's the slider ?

Maybe just vandalism. Difficult to guess in our brave new world.

I hope you don't have any repeat incidents

Just scumbags. They think they have a right to help themselves to what you work hard to have, and don't give a toss how much damage they do. Firing squad is the only thing good enough for then.

Firing squad is the only thing good enough for then.

Thats too easy mate, no pain in that..
These people need to feel the pain and inconveince that owners have to go through to replace and sort the damage caused.
Its an inconvenice to them not having a few fingers, as well as an everyday reminder of their actions!.

Last edited:
I had the wing mirrors smashed off my fiesta a couple of years ago and the guy was caught by my neighbour who knew him. The police arrested him and advised they wernt.going to charge him as he was going to pay for the damage within a month.

5 weeks later the police arrived and handed me 30 quid saying its all he could afford. The mirrors cost me 275 quid to replace. They still wouldn't charge him...

Unfortunatly these days theres nothing you can do. If they get caught the just get a slap on the wrist.

If you beat the shite out of them you go to jail..

When looking at a car with a smashed side window in our street a number of years ago, our now retired local bobby stopped to take some details and I said how do we stop this sort of thing around here?
Without hesitation he said "Fish hooks"
Fish hooks? I said
"Yup, you buy a string of sea fishing hooks and tie the free end of the line to the door, then when you get out at night you carefully lift up the string of hooks and drape them over door release handle. When the thief smashes the window and reaches in he gets a nasty surprise and if we are lucky we get some DNA"

Needless to say that story went around the whole village and no more cars got broken into.

Last edited:
I think we should catch these theives, wrap them in tape and place them in the road...... get a crew of T6's from this forum and take turns in creating pretty tyres marks all over their body's. Lol

I think we should catch these theives, wrap them in tape and place them in the road...... get a crew of T6's from this forum and take turns in creating pretty tyres marks all over their body's. Lol
Would only work with non-lowered vans as the uber-cool dropped ones would only succeed in shoving them along the road like a snow-plough.

So would need to be @Polzeylad or @Buggirl who would be able to run over them.

My van was subject to an attempted forced entry at Haworth back in may last year, thick t**ts tried to force open the side window thinking it was hinged not bonded, didn't get in but caused £2,000 of damage. My only consolation is that they got nothing and will never have a life.

Would only work with non-lowered vans as the uber-cool dropped ones would only succeed in shoving them along the road like a snow-plough.

So would need to be @Polzeylad or @Buggirl who would be able to run over them.
Random dig? Slightly unnecessary

Touring Europe often going off the beaten track in a 4wd T6 is far "cooler" than muppeting about in a van that's trying to look like a Halfords special chaviot.

Sorry to hear about the break in attempt OP. I had to sell a Golf R32 after it became a major thief magnet. That was lowered compared to a normal Golf because it was;

1) A fast car
2) A fast car and
3) A fast car

Not a two tonne diesel van.

Last edited:
Back