Wallas XC Duo noise

T6HoveActually

Afternoon all

I recently upgraded to Wallas Duo Heater (not cheap!). When both on heating and cooking mode it makes a loud pulse sound every 2 seconds (this is as well as the normal van noise which isn’t annoying)I think this will get very annoying when heating the van in the winter.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal please?

Is it accidentally set on high altitude mode?

Thanks everyone

This is the fuel pump operating. Mine seemed quite loud to start with , but now seems much quieter ( or I’ve got used to it.)

Afternoon all

I recently upgraded to Wallas Duo Heater (not cheap!). When both on heating and cooking mode it makes a loud pulse sound every 2 seconds (this is as well as the normal van noise which isn’t annoying)I think this will get very annoying when heating the van in the winter.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal please?

Is it accidentally set on high altitude mode?

Thanks everyone
It’s the fuel pump that makes the pulsing noise and of course the fan. Once the set point temperature is reached it settles down to a very quiet pulse and negligible fan noise.
You will never need the heating set higher than minimum, the set point guide in the manual is probably more accurate for larger spaces like boats.
Personally I find the pumps pulse quite relaxing when sleeping.
It is without a doubt the best piece of kit in my van, no regrets at all.
I tend to sleep in areas where I’m trying not to attract attention, the bonus of the Wallas is the flue gas is effectively cold and there is no noise at all externally. I’ve heard some gas heaters running on motorhomes and they sound like a gas turbine.
Have a search on the Forum under ‘wallas’.

Back