Waeco aftermarket heated seat wiring

Jimbobadini

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,
Just joined as i have just got a T6 camper. Already started playing with electrics and mods. At the min im trying to fit a waeco heated seat kit. I have the pads fitted and have fitted the switch next to the gear lever. Im trying to find the best solution for supplying the power the main control, It would be easiest to mount under the driver's seat and have found a bunch of wiring under the passenger seat containing some fairly heavy duty wires. That should be food for the supply. Anybody know what they are supplying?

If I've done it right there's a few pics and a pic of my camper! Attatched

Thanks
Jim

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6065.JPG

IMG_6067.JPG

IMG_6068.JPG

IMG_5961.JPG

Looks like you have some spare reds there. You should be able to use one of those fused correctly for your mod.

Yeah. I went for the power from the reds in the end only got a 15 amp fuse on the supply to the heated seats. I went for a jumper fuse for the ignition live. All fitted now

IMG_6071.JPG

Hi,
I got it from Jacksons leisure supplies. I bought it from there ebay as it had free postage. I fitted the waeco 301 kit. Its got a small round switch that i had hoped would fit in the centre of the heater controls like oem but this wasnt possible. So managed to squeeze it in next to the gear lever

It was slightly to big to go in a switch blank. Didnt look right either being round. And didnt want it there either. Theres a few kits with square buttons that may fit the blanks better if thats where you want it.

Yeah I impressed with it gets pretty warm after 20 mins on high had to turn it down! Never done that with any other kit!

Is it ok with fabric seats? I was once told you can't get heated cloth seats, they are always leather? I'm happy to be wrong as don't like leather due to the hot summer leather burn your butt they generate.

Is it ok with fabric seats? I was once told you can't get heated cloth seats, they are always leather? I'm happy to be wrong as don't like leather due to the hot summer leather burn your butt they generate.
Yes there is no problem with heated cloth seats, mine are. Think the general opinion would be that you'd need them more with leather because that would be colder to start with

My Golf Gtd has heated cloth seats. As andy states they are more of a nesesity with leather as the leather gets hot cold in summer / winter. Only the posh cars cool the seat tho! Not nice after a long hot summer drive in shorts on leather

Hello,

I wonder if any electrical boffins can help me please.

I have the bottom of the dash out, the carpet and seats out ready to install some heated seats.

But the wiring diagram confuses me .. any help would be appreciated.

thank you

image.jpg

Thanks @JOG i explored the same and can’t work out if I need to hook both wires into into switched live, I wasn’t sure what it meant on the diagram by +12v (15) and +12v (30) ... am totally stuck

+12v (15) switched, e.g IGN ON, thus heating only when IGN ON on your circuit
+12v (30) permanent
Google for terminal 15 vs. terminal 30

Back