VW Van centre…..too many failures or not enough staff ?

Andpopse

T6 Guru
My Van has been with VW Van centre since 17th April. They have not solved problem (coil light and limp mode), and don’t have a Tech available. I’ve just got to wait. What a sorry state of affairs.
I would never have bought one if I’d known how poor the service is !

Trouble is, I live in west Wales and dealers are thin on the ground. Also not comfortable having my expensive vehicle moved around and the risk of damage.

I never use main dealers. Had horror stories with my other cars.. although these are performance cars.. I thought I’d chance it when I got the van, one small warranty issue turned into more hassle than what it was worth.. took to my local garage who fixed the issue in a day. Terrible really when you think about it

It took VW 66 days to fix our iD3. The dealer even admitted they didn’t know how to fix it. It’s been back since for a software update. Don’t hold your breath!

It took VW 66 days to fix our iD3. The dealer even admitted they didn’t know how to fix it. It’s been back since for a software update. Don’t hold your breath!
Good to know if you're a potential buyer.....:oops:

Coming up to a month waiting for Van now ! It’s so bloody annoying, I will start throwing all my toys soon.

I wanted to book mine in to check a fault, Engine Management light amber light is on and the VW website advice is to get it checked out. Most local van centre to me is Heritage in Bristol. “Yes we can book it in” they said. “Great, when shall I bring it in?” say I. “Earliest available booking is the end of July, possibly early August” was the response :eek:

There is clearly an issue with availability of tech staff. This particular dealer told me they were short staffed. I ended up getting VW Assist out who checked it, reset the light and asked me to add some more AdBlue and keep an eye on it. I did, the light returned yesterday but I have 15,500 miles of Adblue range so am none the wiser as to what the fault could be. Meanwhile the van is driving fine, no obvious change, and we have several camping weekends booked not to mention a fortnight in France in the summer, so I am really unsure whether to book it in or not. I should really. Similar to OP, it’s a 2022 van with only 5k miles on the clock.

@interbear mine threw the exact same fault yesterday (it's a 72 Kombi with 6k miles ) I rang the VW assit out, came to my house this morning, the tech said my van was due a recall for a software upgrade, that would fix the fault (over sensitive senor with an exhaust flap) which causes the Orange light for exhaust emissions. Also some other minor adjustments

i thought i would have to book it in at the Van Centre, but no he did it there and then....Give them a try

Back