VW Transporter Electric

No, but what they're saying that it is highly likely that there will soon be a relatively sudden change brought about by human activity that will be difficult to adapt to. Anyway I'm not going to debate this any more because it's getting beyond stupid and into flat earth territory now. I'm not a climate scientist but those who are*, the people who have dedicated their lives to studying this are hugely overwhelmingly of the same broad view and if anything are trying to err on the side of more optimistic predictions so as not to engender a spirit of hopelessness.

*and not just them, most scientists from other branches familiar with the scientific method all tend to agree as well.
Ah yes....just follow the money.

Just popped in for a bit of light hearted reading about VW electric vans ........
I blame VW….fancy trying to create a vehicle just to try and fool the German regulators….Ford seem slightly better ( the collaboration not started yet :rofl: ) The R&D costs get passed on to us mules to test..if they guarantee a buy back if not happy or better still a more efficient battery pack and drive motor swop when available then individuals might jump ship…we live in hope…
But the Current topic has sparked an electrifying response from a few switched on members :)

Reactions: CAB
Ah yes....just follow the money.

Awesome, we're certainly hitting all the classic tropes in this thread. Follow the money - the rallying cry of tinfoil hat wearers everywhere. Who exactly do you think is providing this wall of cash to corrupt global scientific consensus? A shadowy cabal of solar panel manufacturers? A bunch of ageing hippies putting their pennies together? The renowned financial behemoth that is Greenpeace?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the scientific consensus is actually largely driven by university research and public bodies, neither of whom are generally incentivised to invent existential global problems. If anything the concentrated partisan money (global oil companies, right wing US groups) is very much deployed on the other side, for all their efforts though, they can't buy scientific consensus because the mountain of evidence becomes higher and higher by the day.

Awesome, we're certainly hitting all the classic tropes in this thread. Follow the money - the rallying cry of tinfoil hat wearers everywhere. Who exactly do you think is providing this wall of cash to corrupt global scientific consensus? A shadowy cabal of solar panel manufacturers? A bunch of ageing hippies putting their pennies together? The renowned financial behemoth that is Greenpeace?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the scientific consensus is actually largely driven by university research and public bodies, neither of whom are generally incentivised to invent existential global problems. If anything the concentrated partisan money (global oil companies, right wing US groups) is very much deployed on the other side, for all their efforts though, they can't buy scientific consensus because the mountain of evidence becomes higher and higher by the day.
Yet another true believer.....guess I'll keep waiting ....surely one of their predictions will come true one day....

Yet another true believer.....guess I'll keep waiting ....surely one of their predictions will come true one day....
Yes, this morning has been fun but there's a bit too much religious fervour about and not many substantive answers so I'm out! ;)

And still nobody's telling me why the Transporter EV is so poor, except repeating the statement that it is.

"lt's crap, l won't say why, end of thread" is not a response. Tell me why it's crap, and l won't buy one.

Probably because it’s still shaped like a brick, isn’t purpose built, heavy steel body instead of aluminuim / composite, over priced and limited battery capacity.

And still nobody's telling me why the Transporter EV is so poor, except repeating the statement that it is.

"lt's crap, l won't say why, end of thread" is not a response. Tell me why it's crap, and l won't buy one.
Have you test driven one? I only need to look at the range and performance figures to see it’s not for me. I was hoping to go electric/hybrid for my next Transporter but not with that effort from VW. It just looks like they rushed something out.

Oi, we're trying to hijack the thread with a quality climate change argument here!

I guess if you're going to be a "true believer" in anything, then science is about as good as it gets.

Yes, this morning has been fun but there's a bit too much religious fervour about and not many substantive answers so I'm out! ;)

You're right on the lack of substantive answers. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it though, I wouldn't expect a random bloke on an internet forum to come out with anything very substantive against the life's work of hundreds of professional scientists either...

You're right on the lack of substantive answers. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it though, I wouldn't expect a random bloke on an internet forum to come out with anything very substantive against the life's work of hundreds of professional scientists either...
What caused that climate change? Is it still causing climate change? If we can't explain historic climate change how can we say that atmospheric CO2 released by mankind today causes climate change?

Have you test driven one? I only need to look at the range and performance figures to see it’s not for me. I was hoping to go electric/hybrid for my next Transporter but not with that effort from VW. It just looks like they rushed something out.
Yes l think l've already decided against the Transporter EV now.

Do you know if there is anything new in the pipeline from VW in relation to electric vans?

Do you know if there is anything new in the pipeline from VW in relation to electric vans?
Let’s see what the VW/Ford collaboration gives us

Keep an eye out on Tesla, they have confirmed they will build a van soon :thumbsup:

To be honest l am going to look at the Citroen E-Dispatch
lt has good reviews and the range is 204 miles.
l would MUCH rather have a Transporter and will go for the diesel Transporter if l can be convinced that the govt will not decide to hammer diesel commercial vehicles in the next five years.

At the moment electric seems to be the only safe option.

t0mb0 said:
DaveD said:
What caused that climate change? Is it still causing climate change? If we can't explain historic climate change how can we say that atmospheric CO2 released by mankind today causes climate change?

Hmmmm, I see two possibilities here...

1) Bloke on an Internet forum asks a question of such blinding insight that it somehow hasn't occurred to the legion of climate scientists dedicating their lives to researching the matter. The sheer brilliance of the question invalidates five decades of careful research, man made climate change is revealed to be a scam and said bloke receives his Nobel prize (delivered by a V12 powered T6 designed specially in his honour) to universal acclaim.

2) Bloke on the internet is rather less informed than the legion of climate scientists researching the matter, hasn't read the literature or understood the modelling to any real degree and yet somehow still thinks his question constitutes some kind of meaningful reason to doubt the work of said scientists and so proudly repeats it to other members of the forum.

I'm on the fence on this one, I just don't know which one's more likely....

Reactions: mjn
Back