Wanted VW tailgate awning.

I’ve got a Reimo tailgate awning, I bought it and tried it on the van and decided on a driveaway awning so its sat in the garage since.

it has a very small tear (repaired) - £75 if you want it.

I’ll take some photos if you’re interested.

I’ve got a Reimo tailgate awning, I bought it and tried it on the van and decided on a driveaway awning so its sat in the garage since.

it has a very small tear (repaired) - £75 if you want it.

I’ll take some photos if you’re interested.

I was ideally looking for the OEM one, but depending on condition could be tempted.
Please send some images over when you can.

Thanks,
MD

This new release from Vango was pointed out to me by @starstruck last week and its a drive away
it's very nice even fits Barn Doors ( there was very little for barn doors ) the down side i can see it's its very long has a very long connecting tunnel for the doors some pitches would have side grass. it says a it comes with a Kador connection so it would attach to a rail on the side.

This new release from Vango was pointed out to me by @starstruck last week and its a drive away
it's very nice even fits Barn Doors ( there was very little for barn doors ) the down side i can see it's its very long has a very long connecting tunnel for the doors some pitches would have side grass. it says a it comes with a Kador connection so it would attach to a rail on the side.

This one?

This one?
@Mike Dean yes this is a 2022 sorry i thought i had attached the link if you have a tail gate there is a couple out there
there was nothing for Barn Doors

not sure why they say its for short term use bit odd a few days or a week would make no difference

i brought a Pak a Shack its a barn door changing room its shower proof but not rain proof it's not sold as a awning and says not waterproof so i knew what i was buying yet it has a fully sawn in groundsheet that fills up with water lol

@Mike Dean yes this is a 2022 sorry i thought i had attached the link if you have a tail gate there is a couple out there

not sure why they say its for short term use bit odd a few days or a week would make no difference

i brought a Pak a Shack its a barn door changing room its shower proof but not rain proof it's not sold as a awning and says not waterproof so i knew what i was buying yet it has a fully sawn in groundsheet that fills up with water lol

I have a tailgate, I was looking for an option to have a rear awning, like this and then a sun canopy for the side.

@Mike Dean just looks so long to fit on a site pitch if there's a bush behind or another pitch ect...

the Vango air beam is cheaper than the poled Cayman tail gate

Outdoor Revolution Cayman Tail Low F/G Awning (180-240cm)

Last edited:
Hi Mike, as promised here’s the photos.

It has been put on the van and removed only the once to check it was all there. It was literally up for a few minutes only and apart from the small tear that has been repaired you would think it was new.

It’s pretty tough to photo a tailgate awning without a tailgate so they only give an idea of condition and show the repair with my glasses case for scale.AE359131-C4F5-4E3A-BDB6-0ABD6A06283E.jpeg

475545B5-6547-4750-9B5D-10A58492C40B.jpeg

D762234A-55F9-4072-832E-BEDB3D2ED5C8.jpeg

575E34EB-812D-4D87-BAE7-B0C97D88B534.jpeg

Back