Vw T6 California B Pillar And Vents

Stuthewarrior

VIP Member
Hi,
Anyone have a ruff idea of how much the VW T6 California b post with air vents, driver's step with the vent cost. And the mount and ducting for a night heater cost ?

Regards
S

Hi,

Did you take this path to fit underfloor heating.

Did you install planar heater as per..

tigerexped - offroad · overland · equipment

I quite fancy it. And will take this path if the vw parts are not too expensive.

Regards,
Owain

Hi,

I have bought all the parts including the underside mount. The plannar heater is different so it looks like I will need to adapt the pipe work to connect heater to the step vent. I got as far as doing the under mount. Haven't got stuck into the vents.
I am only going this route because it is a caravelle and has pipes running to the heater box in the rear. So the under seat option won't work.
If it was a normal T6 I would just stick it under the drivers seat.

Regards
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Where did you get vw parts from for b-pillar install. I need to order.

Thanks,
Owain

Hi, Check this out on eBay this is worth a look you might have to buy the correct colour panels but if you haven't got the night heater this is worth doing.
eBay 223571825504

Hi, Check this out on eBay this is worth a look you might have to buy the correct colour panels but if you haven't got the night heater this is worth doing.
eBay 223571825504

Thanks for that Stuart I had seen that. But already ordered planar 2d.

Been failing miserably to order vw parts to plumb into b-pillar in UK. TPD trade counter closed and not accepting new on-line registrations.

I have ordered all parts for B-pillar plumbing from Germany 120 euros new vw parts. Really chuffed at service was so easy.

Just gotta order pop nuts and rivit gun.

I feel some metal sculping/trimming is getting imminent fingers xxxdddd

:)

What site did you use to order the parts? I’m going down this route with a planar heater as well.

Gaz
Tigerexped only gives instructions for plumbing in hot air vents to b-pillar using standard vw parts. Hot air inlet is via non-vw method.

I ordered parts last friday evening. Order not processed over weekend. Paid via bank transfer and ack'ed today.

I ordered via....

I am waiting for parts now. I would really be interested to see tps price for same parts but was unable to order.

I only went this route due to closed shop uk mentality, made worse by current situation.

Seems we always pay a premium for being british.

I think mine came to £240 is for the step and vents and inner door post. You will also need to look at butler tecnik because the D2 is 60mm and the pipe work on the stuff you have ordered is 90mm so you need to come done to 60mm
Stu

Back