Vw T5.1 - Power Sliding Doors, Upgrade Option??

Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
Hi there.

We have a 2015 kombi with manual doors and they are really noisy (you have to slam them really hard to close them).
I was sure I read on here about someone upgrading their normal doors to power-latching but I can't find it anymore.
I have tried searching power latching and lots of options came up but nothing that fits what I am looking for.

Has anyone done this?? I am really keen to upgrade (well, to get the converters to) but one has already refused. Not sure if he understood what I was looking for as he mentioned electric doors but we aren't looking for that sort of conversion.

Thanks for any replies.

I manufacture kits to retrofit power latching to T6s and a few people have used them successfully on T5.1s
Prices are in this thread but being 2 years old prices have gone up £5 per door

Power Latching Retrofit Kits

..you have to slam them really hard to close them..

They’re worth it for this reason alone.
They also make opening the slider a lot easier, and it removes that fear of feeling like you’re going to pull the door handle off.

I bought them from the forum shop and retrofitted them to my panel van.
Pauly will provide you the instructions, as it’s a simple DIY job.

Thank you very much for the replies and the link to the thread. I couldn't find it when I searched earlier.

Sounds very positive. We have the converters booked for September (first space they had) so until then we have a kombi.

We have already added in a request for a eberspacher D2 heater, a solar panel and an EVO 2.4 PRO set of units (converters use evomotion units) and they are willing to change to it for a wee bit extra. Will just add this in too, the conversion company will love me.
:D

Anything else you recommend getting done before/during the conversion process??

Hi if you have twin sliding doors with power latching and want to add the tailgate what’s involved?
Is it still the full kit or does it share the the control module. Many Thanks

Back