Vw Sharan Adblue Error 2015

I have vw sharan 2015 on dashboard yellow adblue sign came up. Which will cause engine stops after 300 miles. I did filled up but the sign didn't go. I visited to vw garage they said to me nothing coming up on their computer or software every thing is fine but yellow adblue sign is still on my Sharan dash.They advised me I need to change Catalytic converter which will cost me around £2500 and they still not sure or giving me guarantee this is the problem and sing will go off.
I'm wondering shell I carry on driving untill my vehicle stops?

If anyone have the same problem please let me know that will be helpful for me.

Kind regards
Muhammad khateeb

Did you wait for 30 seconds with the ignition on before starting the car after filling the adblue tank up (and not put too much in- that is known to cause issues if too much is put into the tank, the sensor can’t see a surface reflection if too much is put in to the tank)

I had the same problem with my Sharan but it did throw up a fault code (can't remember what it was).
It needed a new nox sensor for £750. At least it fixed the problem.

i am having the same problem as the Adblue warning light is still counting down despite topping up Adblue. Took to the VW dealer. They ran diagnostics, they initially thought it was the NOX sensor problem and need replacing. However now they changed their mind that they're saying it is the CAT and the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Now waiting for the catalytic converter part to ship from Germany!! Should i trust them this is the problem as they said? Really confusing me. The Adblue warning light is still counting down now to 90 miles. The VW dealer says until the catalytic converter changed, the Adblue warning light cannot be stopped or reset!!

PLease help!!!!!!!!!

Back