VW factories were closed across Europe.

VW’s communication is dog crap. I’ve emailed the help email and been holding for over a week for someone from the relevant department to get back to them. No information is rubbish and not what I’d expect from VW. If Skoda did an equivalent van I’d have had it.

VW’s communication is dog crap. I’ve emailed the help email and been holding for over a week for someone from the relevant department to get back to them. No information is rubbish and not what I’d expect from VW. If Skoda did an equivalent van I’d have had it.
Latest update as found live chat open. Van now sat in sheerness. Hopefully be at dealer then converter by September and fingers crossed for a 70plate

Argghhhh! My Caravelle is STILL not built! VW reckon it will be finished and leaving the factory around August 27th. At this rate I will be lucky if I see it before October! :mad:

Argghhhh! My Caravelle is STILL not built! VW reckon it will be finished and leaving the factory around August 27th. At this rate I will be lucky if I see it before October! :mad:

Nightmare. Off the back of this post, I've just given my dealer a ring and been told mine's showing as "in production" ... It should have been produced 4 weeks ago! He's going to chase up and see what the full story is.

I think mine was delivered to the converters on Friday. I’m waiting for confirmation they have it and when they are likely to start the conversion.
For those still waiting for build I feel your pain.

Latest from VW CS today regarding my Caravelle order: It is showing as confirmed to go into build back in July but, has recently changed over to the Model Year 2021 spec so, a new build week will need to be assigned to it.

Back to square one again! :mad:

Latest from VW CS today regarding my Caravelle order: It is showing as confirmed to go into build back in July but, has recently changed over to the Model Year 2021 spec so, a new build week will need to be assigned to it.

Back to square one again! :mad:

Not good. I'm waiting on my official word from VW. I expect the same. Let's hope the spec hasn't changed to our detriment!?

Nice shiny new vans! I'm still getting nowhere with VW... apparently mine is at "build point 5" but they can't tell me what that means!? :mad:

Lovely to see people getting their shiny new vans at last!

I think I am going to give up talking to VWCS. Having been told last week that my Caravelle needed to be allocated a new build week I have now been told that it is actually built and has arrived at the port of exit awaiting transport to the UK! Not going to jinx it any more by asking again - I will just sit back and wait for a call from the dealer. :D

Lovely to see people getting their shiny new vans at last!

I think I am going to give up talking to VWCS. Having been told last week that my Caravelle needed to be allocated a new build week I have now been told that it is actually built and has arrived at the port of exit awaiting transport to the UK! Not going to jinx it any more by asking again - I will just sit back and wait for a call from the dealer. :D
are you talking via email? A lot of us found the online chat in the evening was the most accurate updates.

are you talking via email? A lot of us found the online chat in the evening was the most accurate updates.
No, I have always talked to VWCS via online chat. They have always been very helpful but after last week I wonder how accurate the information is that they provide...

No, I have always talked to VWCS via online chat. They have always been very helpful but after last week I wonder how accurate the information is that they provide...
mine came through pretty quickly after leaving the factory. I wasn't in any rush as i wanted it held for 70 plate anyway.

I had a call with VWCS on Tuesday and they couldn't give me accurate information but it was still "in production" but a chassis number had been assigned. This was progress at least. Then I got an email from dealer yesterday saying van was built and left the factory... they should have it in about 3 weeks.

I'm in 2 minds... do I accept that and not chase anymore for fear of jinxing things? or, do I keep on top of them until someone has set eyes on the thing?

They are moving vehicles really quickly at the moment so poss patients is needed.
I was going to message my converter this morning and was greeted by pics in and email saying conversion starts today

Back