VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?

I only subscribe to lads mags and can't see it ? Can you screenshot it?
I can't read it either but this is what the Telegraph (also subscription only) says;

"Germany and Italy have thrown a planned European Union ban on new petrol and diesel cars into disarray as they seek exemptions to protect their powerful car industries.
EU diplomats have been forced to delay a key vote on the proposals, which would outlaw the manufacture of combustion engine cars across the bloc from 2035, following a last-minute revolt by the two countries.
The plans were agreed in principle last year and would prevent the sale of new cars unless they are "zero emissions". However, they still require final approval from member states.
Germany, along with allies, is seeking an exemption for cars running on so-called e-fuels, such as kerosene made from waste, which are being developed by some manufacturers.
It has forced EU officials to delay a vote that was due to happen on Tuesday.
The laws cannot pass without Berlin's backing and have led to a split within Chancellor Olaf Scholz's coalition government, with his FDP partners agitating for the EU's plans to be loosened.
Volker Wissing, the FDP transport minister, said: "It is contradictory when the EU Commission calls for high climate protection targets on the one hand, but on the other hand makes it more difficult to achieve these targets through overambitious regulation."
Ursula von der Leyen, the European Commission president, is now expected to meet Mr Scholz over the weekend as diplomats scramble to resolve the row.
Matteo Salvini, Italy’s deputy prime minister, cheered the delay and added: “The voice of millions of Italians has been heard."
The last-minute hold-up is highly unusual, with the upcoming vote previously seen as a formality."

I think that ties in very much with @Loz comment.

Unfortunately, I don't see our politicians delaying the UK's rush to self-harm.

either way, i don't understand why anyone would want to drive into a busy city centre in a car/van* IF there was a decent and viable (clean, regular and cheap) public transport system in place...

*appreciate that's different for tradesman/businesses...

Last edited:
I think that's a whole different debate that isn't suited to this forum.
Agreed, but I will ask where's the public mandate for phasing-out ICE?

As above . . . .

Let's get back on track.

The new 2024 Transporter . . . . . . Will be?

Germany, along with allies, is seeking an exemption for cars running on so-called e-fuels, such as kerosene made from waste, which are being developed by some manufacturers.
Maybe I’ve misunderstood the reasoning behind the switch to Electric and Hydrogen? I thought it was all about reducing CO2 emissions not a case of not consuming fossil fuels and burning man made fuels with the same pollutants.
I spent 25 years in oil and gas exploration, there is definitely no immediate shortage of fossil fuels, in fact where money is being invested the new technologies are finding some significant reserves. Whether they can be recovered at a cost that doesn‘t cause an uprising is anyones guess. There has to be a large profit for the fat cat investors and the self interest in keeping supplies tight achieves this beautifully.

Bearing in mind the Govt authorised the reopening of a few coal powered power stations over the weekend due to high demand for energy, from a mothballed status....I guess anything could happen

either way, i don't understand why anyone would want to drive into a busy city centre in a car/van* IF there was a decent and viable (clean, regular and cheap) public transport system in place...

*appreciate that's different for tradesman/businesses...
There ain’t no Clean and regular public transport is there?

We have a T7 Multivan already. This is not the base for the commercial vehicle.

We’ve never known a vehicle get so much negativity. But drive one and it’ll change your mind. I really like it.
I tested the hybrid and loved it. I'd have placed an order if the dealer could have given any certainty on delivery times (I had a hard deadline to acquire a van due to the impending arrival of our third and fourth kids). It was much more refined and better-equipped than the T6 Caravelle we've ended up with, and the panoramic roof really lifts the whole interior.

Residuals seem pretty firm too, if Autotrader is anything to go by. Plenty of T7 Multivans with a few thousand miles on the clock appearing for more than list price and disappearing within a day or two.

Back