VW Carbon/WOC front splitter: Carbon or Gloss Black?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Yes I know the front splitter thing has been done to death on here, but I'm definitely going for a VW Carbon/WOC splitter for my standard front bumper (previously had a sportline front).

I just can't decide on gloss black or carbon???

My front plastics, badges and upper mirror caps are already all gloss black so I suppose the gloss black splitter would fit right in, I just kind of fancy a carbon one.

If I went carbon I could compliment it with maybe a carbon strip on the grill and carbon lower mirror caps. Or is that overkill and stick with the understated (within reason) black??

Any ideas/pics more than welcome.

Cheers.

I've just put the gloss back one on my Starlight van after a long time trying to decide. I'm glad I made that choice.

Gloss black looks good to match gloss grills etc. Depends if you to add carbon elsewhere as you say.

Quality is good on the black and cheaper of course. :)

On starlight again.

View attachment 58562

Nice.
Have you had the black plastic inlay where the fog lights sit done gloss black? I need to get mine done.

Nice.
Have you had the black plastic inlay where the fog lights sit done gloss black? I need to get mine done.

I have vinyl wrapped them to see how they get on with stone chips, may paint them later if they don’t mark badly. Not sure if the vinyl will be any stronger than paint, only problem is wrap isn’t ideal on textured plastic but seems ok with an adhesion promoter.

yes glad, still very happy.

no other bits.

Those that have the VW Carbon splitter can you confirm whether the red branding badge is removable please? Going to buy one soon (awaiting deals) but don’t like the red branding

Sorry to jump in.
I just had the black one delivered. How easy is it to fit? Did you have to jack the front up?
I appreciate any advice.
I also had some black grill insert/covers for the chrome off them .

Thank You

Hi @cfdave ,pretty easy to fit as far as i can recall but did have it up on a hoist in my mates garage. Best advice i can give is be very carful of the wiring loom that runs behind the bumper,i think its for the fog lights if i remember rightly,careful you dont put a screw through it

Hi @cfdave ,pretty easy to fit as far as i can recall but did have it up on a hoist in my mates garage. Best advice i can give is be very carful of the wiring loom that runs behind the bumper,i think its for the fog lights if i remember rightly,careful you dont put a screw through it
Thank you.
So are there any pre-dilled holes in the bumper to work from?

Not as i recall no. We just lined up the end of the splitter on both sides with the back edge of the bumper,small clamps or a friend will be handy!

Back