Vw Bike Rack With External Storage Box Solution

You mean like this?

I have a Thule 929 Euroclassic G6 with a Thule Backup Box attached. Then a Thule Wanderway on top. I made a small spacer between the Thule Backup Box and the back rest of the rack. It all fits very nicely.

View attachment 146632
Hi - I'm looking to do exactly this setup as I have the G6 929 - would love some images of how you have the backup fixed to the rack?

I adapted my cycle rack to carry a Thule 900 Backup box. Cycle rack max. load capacity is 60kg and the box weighs 14kg. I packed 30kg of camping gear in the box for a 3100 mile European trip. Didn't really notice the additional weight until the Alps! Just slowed down a little for the hairpins!

View attachment 73553

View attachment 73554

View attachment 73555

View attachment 73556
Do you mind sharing details about the adaptation to the box? Some photos (closeup of the attachment points) with some detilas would be great. Was it a DIY or some off the shelf parts you used?

Do you mind sharing details about the adaptation to the box? Some photos (closeup of the attachment points) with some detilas would be great. Was it a DIY or some off the shelf parts you used?
I don't have any photos of the adaptation but it is fairly straightforward. I used the Thule fixings the came with the box. You'll need to drill new holes in the box to fit your bike rack. I also added steel spreader plates for extra security.

hola, tengo un Thule euroclassic 928, que adpatador poneis para que se pueda poner sobre el portabicis la caja backup900 de thule. gracias. Un saludo

¿Quieres decir así?

Tengo un Thule 929 Euroclassic G6 con una Thule Backup Box adjunta. Luego, un Thule Wanderway en la parte superior. Hice un pequeño espaciador entre Thule Backup Box y el respaldo del bastidor. Todo encaja muy bien.

View attachment 146632
que adpatador has usado para poder poner la caja backup900 de thule

Back