Vw Assist Unable To Get A Battery? Moll?

Crux

My battery, a Moll 5ta 915 105 b 12v, appears to have given up.

So I call VW assist and they come out quickly, establish the issue and then say they can't get the part.

I am still struggling to comprehend this and have called back VW Assist to ask for a morning appointment when I hope the part will be available.

But are batteries that hard to source, a quick google shows that I can source myself next day!

What would anyone advise a suitable replacement for the Moll on my 2017 T32?

I am assuming VW can source else I will need to try myself as I need the van to make my living!

Just get yourself a comparable AGM from battery megastore. Then you need to get it adapted to the battery monitor by your dealer. But you could wait till next service if its soon.

So it would need to be adapted before it would work? It was Serviced 4000 miles ago, so I am not impressed!

Cheers

If VW assist book it into your dealer they will have to deal with it within 48hours. They can replace it and adapt it.

Apart from oil and screenwash, I don’t think they stock any parts these days.

Just found this post, I posted a similar battery issue under the electrical section.

Don’t know if my battery was Moll but it was replaced by VW assist yesterday under warranty. I was told there is a known issue with a certain battery, your van is a very similar age to mine so if might be the same.

Interesting - I've had the battery in our 2017 T6 go flat, but that was after standing for 6 weeks. I thought nothing of it and merely plugged the van in and whatever clever split-charge our converters used charged the leisure battery and the vehicle battery. It's a MOLL battery

The van's not been used since our fortnights holiday (lots of milage) 10 days ago and the read-out via the control / switch panel shows the vehicle battery at 11.6. The leisure battery is at 12.4

Should I be worried?

My 2017 T6 is with VW for diagnosis ... It's a MOLL battery .... Not holding my breath and I use it daily

Well! Today's reading is 11.2 and struggling to start! VW Assist are booked to come and look on Tuesday. (This being the first convenient day for me). We will see what happens!

My 2017 T6 is with VW for diagnosis ... It's a MOLL battery .... Not holding my breath and I use it daily

Bingo .... new battery replaced under warranty .....well done VW camberley ..... black mark VW UK ..... no stock on site .....

Well! Today's reading is 11.2 and struggling to start! VW Assist are booked to come and look on Tuesday. (This being the first convenient day for me). We will see what happens!
11.2 Volts is definitely not a good sign. Could you please post a picture so we can see all the labels and identifiers on the battery?

IMG_0494.JPG

Hope this helps. VW Assist confirm it's faulty and the chap is on his way to get a replacement battery. He did tell me that there is a supply problem at the moment, but luckily for me they obtained a few to hold in reserve.

Reactions: mmi
Back