Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Lemon zest

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Lime zest

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Orange zest

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Looking very nice colin, how did you manage to get the stealership to fit for free ,that's a brucy bonus, I'm running 275/40/20 thought the 35s might be pushing it after having 35 s on my a3 quattro
Hi everyone my first post on here, I know this is an old conversion but I thought I’d add some info I found out recently which may help someone when choosing tyres...the ‘40’ you quote is actually 40% of the width. I always thought it was meaning 35mm!
So to work it out on calculator 275 X 40 % = 110 divided by 2 gives you the actual tyre profile of 55mm

Hi everyone my first post on here, I know this is an old conversion but I thought I’d add some info I found out recently which may help someone when choosing tyres...the ‘40’ you quote is actually 40% of the width. I always thought it was meaning 35mm!
So to work it out on calculator 275 X 40 % = 110 divided by 2 gives you the actual tyre profile of 55mm

@Mickm just wanted to point out that the tyre profile - in this instance - is 275 x 40% = 110mm

The tyre profile (depth, thickness) is 110mm

There is no need to divide by 2 to get the profile dimension

Hope this helps!

@Mickm just wanted to point out that the tyre profile - in this instance - is 275 x 40% = 110mm

The tyre profile (depth, thickness) is 110mm

There is no need to divide by 2 to get the profile dimension

Hope this helps!
Hi mate yeah well the 110 is both ‘top and bottom’ added together. To get the actual profile of rubber running around the wheel you need to divide by 2

I'm afraid I beg to differ...for a tyre with a 275/40 aspect ratio, the 110mm is the dimension/measurement of the tyre sidewall/profile - there is no top and bottom as such, just one dimension.Tyre-Size-Diagram.jpg

Back