Victron Solar Load Output To Sargent Ec155

Hi, I have the Sargent ec155 fuse box and 240v system, with the sterling unit to charge off the van bettery. I have just had a 140w solar installed with the victron 75 connected to it. The installer has only connected to the battery as he isn't familiar with the sergeant unit. How should I connect the load output into the sergeant unit so it bypasses the battery?
Thanks

The load output doesn’t bypass the battery. It switches off the power when the battery discharges to a set level

The load output on the victron 75/15 is 15amps....

Is that enough to run all the Sargent outputs?

Also doesn't the Sargent have a battery charger built-in that should charge the battery when in EHU?

Why do you want to power the Sargent via the Victron load output? . . . . Low voltage cut-off?

Let's ask @travelvolts for some advice.....

Hi, I have the Sargent ec155 fuse box and 240v system, with the sterling unit to charge off the van bettery. I have just had a 140w solar installed with the victron 75 connected to it. The installer has only connected to the battery as he isn't familiar with the sergeant unit. How should I connect the load output into the sergeant unit so it bypasses the battery?
Thanks
If I have understood you correctly he has connected the solar panel directly to the battery via victron completely by passing the Sargent unit. That is correct I don’t think the Sargent unit can manage solar hence the victron.
The Sargent unit is a bit basic ( I have the 328one) yours can’t manage solar panels at all and mine I think max 80w and it can’t manage euro6 charging systems either.

The sargent won't charge from the battery as it is not intelligent. It only charges very lightly from an alternator anyway, they are designed for.big campers on hook up really. When I told the guy I bought the van from (a converter) he added the sterling unit even though I did ask for the ctek (which would save needing the victron).

Basically I want to bypass the battery from the solar so that the fridge runs direct from solar in the day. The only power I need is a few LEDs in the evening, a phone charge, a water pump and the fridge. It has run really well while testing and barely changed the battery voltage ( though the fridge has been closed all the time so not much power needed once down to.temp).

I want to prolong the life of the battery but if it's negligible then there is no point.

Missed your reply @Deaky, so if I understand correctly the load output doesn't run appliances direct and it has to go through the battery anyway? If that's the case then I can sleep again. Thanks.

The solar has to be connected to a battery, it cant power the fridge directly.

Thought about adding a second battery?

The solar has to be connected to a battery, it cant power the fridge directly.

Thought about adding a second battery?
Don't need one tbh. I just thought the load output would output a load to the Sargent unit or the fridge directly (my wrong assumption due to the name of the output). Hence not cycling power through the battery and prolonging it's life.

Dont know why I am even wasting time thinking about this considering my last van ran without solar on an old starter battery (as leisure) for years and the battery still holds a good charge.

Sorry my bad. .

Yes. You can run the fridge from the load output......But.

That output source will come from the very same battery the fridge is already connected to.

The only difference would be that the load output would shut off under a low battery condition.

The load output just comes from the battery side of the charge controller, which is kept charged via the solar charger.

Okay, so it cycles through the battery regardless. It has run for a week without driving and the battery voltage has barely moved. We wild camp all the time (in 12 years of campers I have used a campsite for 3 nights) and drive to a new place every few days so I think 1 battery and the solar should do the job

Thanks for the help.

Back