Sargent Ec155 - what is this wire?

My advice would be to use the van for a bit and see what you need rather than rush to swap it out. But if you compare the cabling requirements between the two manuals you should be able to check and most good cabling should have it's sizing in mm2 or AWG on the insulation.

There are also other options, the Ablemail AMT12-2 trickle charger is a popular option and is generally quite easy to wire in near a DC-DC charger.

If you post pictures of your existing setup the forum collective is pretty good with advice and suggestions :thumbsup:

Did you manage to sort out what your mystery wire was?

My advice would be to use the van for a bit and see what you need rather than rush to swap it out. But if you compare the cabling requirements between the two manuals you should be able to check and most good cabling should have it's sizing in mm2 or AWG on the insulation.

There are also other options, the Ablemail AMT12-2 trickle charger is a popular option and is generally quite easy to wire in near a DC-DC charger.

If you post pictures of your existing setup the forum collective is pretty good with advice and suggestions :thumbsup:

Did you manage to sort out what your mystery wire was?
Great advice - thank you. The mystery wire is indeed a 240v live output. There are 3, as per the diagrams. 2 got to a 240v socket each and the 3rd is spare.

Yikes, that's not a good condition to have left that cable in then.

Something like one of the small clip together gel enclosures might be the best way to make it safe. That or wire it to an actual socket if you have space for one.

Something like one of the small clip together gel enclosures might be the best way to make it safe. That or wire it to an actual socket if you have space for one.

i jno

Great - thanks for the link.

Back