Victron or C-Tek battery chargers?

Hi, can you offer a little more info on your intended use?

For instance, leisure or vehicle battery?
How big, if a leisure battery?

My recommendation is read all the information you can find, and make your own informed choice.

I bought a small Victron Smart Blue, portable charger, as I have two vehicles, it can be monitored by a smart phone app and it is water proof.

Thanks for the reply, so I look to use it to top up my starter battery and potentially my leisure battery. My starter is 80ah and the leisure battery is 110ah. Currently my starter is hovering around the 12.1-12.2 v and struggling to get enough charge into it. Issues being dog kicks in and engine fan drains the battery straight up when parked.. almost could not restart the van over the weekend after a 2.5hr drive

I have the Victron and its brilliant because i can set the profiles (lead acid for starter LiPo for Leisure).
My neighbours have borrowed it a few times to recondition their car batteries and it seems to have worked well for them.

I rate it highly.

Nice, just went and picked up the 12v 15 amp version, is this the one you have or would you recommend a higher Ampage?
Thanks Daniel

Both are very popular.

Victron is better as you have a bt app with them.

Size should be 10-20% of the battery size as a rough guide.

Both are very popular.

Victron is better as you have a bt app with them.

Size should be 10-20% of the battery size as a rough guide.

Thanks Dell very informative post, appreciated. So from the write up the 15amp would probably be pushing the 80ah a little too warm. Guess I will have to get a 10amp version. Do you think I might be able to get away with a 15amp as it’s a guide range of 10-20 % . I guess I want to avoid having to buy multiple chargers for dif amperage batteries as I’m looking to grab a roamer 230ah shortly, Any thoughts?
Thanks
Daniel

The 15A Victron will be fine.

I have one myself.

The charge profile will keep the battery cool and charge it properly.

The same charger will work with the Roamer, I have one of those too.

More info here:

Hey guys, so i picked up a Victron 15 amp charger, and does great. one thing i would like to know and hoping you might be able to help. Can you use the recondition setting on a AGM battery?

Cheers

thats the IP22 charger

+++

Yes RECONDITION is part of the SLA battery profiles,

AGM is a type of sealed lead acid battery.

++++

j. Recondition stage An optional stage that can partially recover/reverse lead acid battery degradation due to sulfation; typically caused by inadequate charging or if the battery is left in a deeply discharged state.

1685080690490.png

3. Recondition The battery voltage is attempted to be increased to the configured recondition voltage, while the charger output current is regulated to 8% of the nominal charge current (for example - 1.2A maximum for a 15A charger). Recondition is an optional charge stage for lead acid batteries and not recommended for regular/cyclic use - use only if required, as unnecessary or overuse will reduce battery life due to excessive gassing. The higher charge voltage during recondition stage can partially recover/reverse battery degradation due to sulfation, typically caused by inadequate charging or if the battery is left in a deeply discharged state for an extended period (if performed in time). The recondition stage may also be applied to flooded batteries occasionally to equalise individual cell voltages and prevent acid stratification. Recondition stage is terminated as soon as the battery voltage increases to the configured recondition voltage or after a maximum duration of 1 hour (or as configured). Note that in certain conditions it is possible for the recondition state to end before the configured recondition voltage is achieved, such as when the charger is simultaneously powering loads, if the battery was not fully charged before recondition stage commenced, if the recondition duration is too short (set to less than one hour) or if the charger output current is insufficient in proportion to the capacity of the battery/battery bank

1685080810041.png
1685080652620.png

thats the IP22 charger

+++

Yes RECONDITION is part of the SLA battery profiles,

AGM is a type of sealed lead acid battery.

++++

j. Recondition stage An optional stage that can partially recover/reverse lead acid battery degradation due to sulfation; typically caused by inadequate charging or if the battery is left in a deeply discharged state.

View attachment 200267

3. Recondition The battery voltage is attempted to be increased to the configured recondition voltage, while the charger output current is regulated to 8% of the nominal charge current (for example - 1.2A maximum for a 15A charger). Recondition is an optional charge stage for lead acid batteries and not recommended for regular/cyclic use - use only if required, as unnecessary or overuse will reduce battery life due to excessive gassing. The higher charge voltage during recondition stage can partially recover/reverse battery degradation due to sulfation, typically caused by inadequate charging or if the battery is left in a deeply discharged state for an extended period (if performed in time). The recondition stage may also be applied to flooded batteries occasionally to equalise individual cell voltages and prevent acid stratification. Recondition stage is terminated as soon as the battery voltage increases to the configured recondition voltage or after a maximum duration of 1 hour (or as configured). Note that in certain conditions it is possible for the recondition state to end before the configured recondition voltage is achieved, such as when the charger is simultaneously powering loads, if the battery was not fully charged before recondition stage commenced, if the recondition duration is too short (set to less than one hour) or if the charger output current is insufficient in proportion to the capacity of the battery/battery bank

View attachment 200268
View attachment 200266

thanks Dell appreciated

Back