Verify mileage on imported T6

David_Sweden

Crash Test Dummy
T6 Pro
A German guy moved to Sweden and brought his car with him. Its a T6 Multivan with only 15000km on the odometer. Seems very legit but is there any way to verify the milage somehow.

The car has not been serviced yet so no service history.

Since the car is imported to Sweden and got a new licenceplate. Searching on that will not give much info at all.

Is it possible to search for info via the VIN. Perhaps find some German service history if the milage are inaccurate? Could perhaps a vw dealer see if the car has been serviced in Germany prior to the import to Sweden.

I really do not doubt the milage, but it would be stupid not to try and get as much info as possible.

If I do a simple ODB readout I would assume that this will only show what I see in the display?

Last edited:
VCDS will read the mileage from the ECU, it's stored there as well as the instrument cluster. It doesn't guarantee the mileage is correct but mostly it's the cluster that's changed alone.

If I do a simple ODB readout I would assume that this will only show what I see in the display?
Actually there is also history/event type data available - which strongly correlate to the mileage and even how the van has been driven.
Just to name a few: e.g. number of engine startups (manual and auto), DPF ash accumulation., numerous counters of several conditions/events met.
From DSG: accumulated hours at each gear (DSG), DSG clutch hours grouped by temperatures, DSG clutch hours grouped by torque, an independent mileage counter for DSG, etc. :geek:

Actually there is also history/event type data available - which strongly correlate to the mileage and even how the van has been driven.
Just to name a few: e.g. number of engine startups (manual and auto), DPF ash accumulation., numerous counters of several conditions/events met.
From DSG: accumulated hours at each gear (DSG), DSG clutch hours grouped by temperatures, DSG clutch hours grouped by torque, an independent mileage counter for DSG, etc. :geek:

Where do I find the event type data for
- engine startups?
- dpf ash accumilation (any ref. value for 15000km?)

This is a manual gearbox so unfortunantley no dsg data.

Any other useful parameters?
Engine startups would be very very useful.

Where do I find the event type data for
- engine startups?
- dpf ash accumilation (any ref. value for 15000km?)

This is a manual gearbox so unfortunantley no dsg data.

Any other useful parameters?
Engine startups would be very very useful.
Alone ECU (Engine Control Unit) has almost 1500 parameters (so called measurement channels/blocks) - among those are quite a few counters recording events (e.g. number of various self calibrations) - not sure how useful they are alone, definitely reference vehicles with known history are needed for interpretation - work in progress :geek:

For a full set of engine data have a look here -->

Then for reference below a snapshot of mine from the past at 15000 km.
1616917551161.png
Thus approx. 4.9% of DPF capacity was used then.

1616918478307.png

These can be extracted from the controllers e.g by using VCDS (easy) or OBDeleven (clumsy, but doable).
How-to --->

So for manual engine starts it would be
Select control module / X Ecu / adv. Measured valdes-> "check the box with" number of manual engine starts.

Is that correct?
Have vcds

So...

Select control module / 01- Engine / adv. Measured valdes-> "check the box with" number of manual engine starts.

Is this correct, do not have it running now.

For a 16000km van what do you think would be a suspiscius number of manual engine starts?

You have 774, depends on how you use it ofcourse. But what would raise a red flag?
1500?

Do you do mainly short or long trips?

After doing some calculations.
Car on the road for 318 days.
Then I would not be suprised to see 1500 or even 2000 manual startups.

This is my typical day:
1 Home - daycare kids
2 daycare - work
3 work - lunch
4 lunch to work
5 work to daycare
6 daycare to home

So 318x6=1908 startups.
Now the kids arent at daycare during weekends. But if Im out running errands the engine strtups will be similar I would assume.

Reactions: mmi
Just ignition on is enough. But doesn't really matter - can do either engine on or off.

My "typical trip" is 30 km - twice a day, 5 days a week. Then weekends, quite a few really short ones + four long each 150 km.

Unfortunately average doesn't really tell much - as a few short ones in between a long one just ruins the average.
For 16000 km I could gladly accept even 5000+

Back