Ventilation

Justin@608

Hi
I've just joined the forum,and just recently purchased a T6.1 can anyone help,as we have just had our first night out and yes you guessed it I didn't open a window to alow ventilation, so we had a lot of condensation, can anyone point me in the right direction for getting privacy blinds for the windscreen and doors( I think there called) but still be able to open the windows a little bit for ventilation... your help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi
I've just joined the forum,and just recently purchased a T6.1 can anyone help,as we have just had our first night out and yes you guessed it I didn't open a window to alow ventilation, so we had a lot of condensation, can anyone point me in the right direction for getting privacy blinds for the windscreen and doors( I think there called) but still be able to open the windows a little bit for ventilation... your help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Have you got wind deflectors on the front windows? If not I thoroughly recommend them so you can leave the front windows ajar without getting rain in. The Climair ones are fantastic and normally £35-40ish from Euro Car Parts or their subsidiary Carparts4less (click and collect at ECP).

There are 2 options for blinds, either internal or external. Each have their pros and cons. I have a set of each (van came with external) and swap depending on scenario. If it’s going to rain, very windy or just a quick night stop I use the internal ones (Maypole from Carparts4less, about £30). Saves handling a big wet external cover or it blowing off. The external one (can’t remember the make - loads of threads on here with recommendations) is more effective at keeping the light out and insulating the van but takes up more room and gets wet. I’d start with the internal and see how you get on. Leave the windows open an inch to help with ventilation. It won’t stop it completely but will help.

An additional option is a standoff bracket for the tailgate (if you have one) that keeps it open an inch but allows it to catch and lock. Lots of options, think I got mine from Veedub Transporters (with BLC discount!).

Well covered on the Forum, have a Search with ‘ventilation’.
The only way to prevent condensation is to keep the air in the van above the dew point.
Heat and ventilate.

Have you got wind deflectors on the front windows? If not I thoroughly recommend them so you can leave the front windows ajar without getting rain in. The Climair ones are fantastic and normally £35-40ish from Euro Car Parts or their subsidiary Carparts4less (click and collect at ECP).

There are 2 options for blinds, either internal or external. Each have their pros and cons. I have a set of each (van came with external) and swap depending on scenario. If it’s going to rain, very windy or just a quick night stop I use the internal ones (Maypole from Carparts4less, about £30). Saves handling a big wet external cover or it blowing off. The external one (can’t remember the make - loads of threads on here with recommendations) is more effective at keeping the light out and insulating the van but takes up more room and gets wet. I’d start with the internal and see how you get on. Leave the windows open an inch to help with ventilation. It won’t stop it completely but will help.

An additional option is a standoff bracket for the tailgate (if you have one) that keeps it open an inch but allows it to catch and lock. Lots of options, think I got mine from Veedub Transporters (with BLC discount!).
Many thanks for your help...
I will be getting wind deflectors...
So I'll give it internal one's a go first as the external covers (as you rightly said )...get wet and thinking about it... also still alowe's people to have a look in... ones again thanks for your help

Back