VCDS regen loging

huw169

Black 199 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all. I have been told VCDS can interrogate the van to understand how often the regen happens as mileage is recorded. Also told it records soot level start and end point?

Was I being fed a line? If not, does anyone know how to do this? Mainly for my wife’s car really.
Thanks

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Looks like you can check the status and complete a regen:

So there should be a time stamp of the last regen

Last edited:
Hi all. I have been told VCDS can interrogate the van to understand how often the regen happens as mileage is recorded. Also told it records soot level start and end point?

Was I being fed a line? If not, does anyone know how to do this? Mainly for my wife’s car really.
Thanks
Basically yes.
Do you need info how to set up the VCDS, or just the essential parameters - the most of them @Robert actually already mentioned?
Go to Engine, then Advanced Measuring Values and you could check few extra by the way.

IDE00432 Particle filter: time since last regeneration
IDE00434 Particle filter: soot mass calculated
IDE00435 Particle filter: soot mass measured
IDE00436 Particle filter: kilometers since last regeneration
IDE01407 Particle filter: fuel consumption since last regeneration
IDE01922 Vehicle distance driven
IDE05493 Air cleaner degree of soiling
IDE06059 Particle filter: oil ash volume
If I understand your goal, you'd get there by taking snapshot of the above every now and then. In the ECU there are not many statistics stored, just current values (for T6 at least). E.g. most of the above are zeroed at the end of a regen, so need to sample often enough.

The above measuring "channels" might have different names (or units) on different engine, so some experimenting most likely needed.

Thanks. I understand, but it sounds like the chap I was talking to was spouting garbage about the history being recorded. He certainly didn’t say you need to keep sampling the ‘current’ info.
Thanks for explaining.

Reactions: mmi
Perhaps the chap was referring to something like this
For T6 the above didn't provide anything useful, unfortunately - or possibly it's just me who couldn't comprehend the data from the ECU.

For T6 the above didn't provide anything useful, unfortunately - or possibly it's just me who couldn't comprehend the data from the ECU.
Here's the data from my T6 using the adaptation trick mentioned on Ross-Tech Forum. T6 does not have all the measurement groups mentioned there, not sure it would make any difference.
1608396653885.png

Back