VCDS “ERROR: Services not supported in active session".

ld14

VIP Member
Hey everyone,

I've been on the Forum for a few weeks now whilst toying with the idea of buying a T6.... a few weeks later and I now own a T6. Woo!

With all of my vehicles I like to have control over the diagnostics and decided to purchase a cable,

I downloaded the latest version of VCDS. The van (T6 2017) connects fine and I am able to read / clear faults. However, when I go to run a DPF Forced regen I get an error message "ERROR: Services not supported in active session".
I also get the same error when attempting to access other procedures within the Engine Control Module too, not just the DPF Regen.
I then tried the Security Access and I was prompted with "Controller refused to send a seed! Error 7F: Service not supported in active session".

Fortunately I do not NEED to do a Static Regen as my soot content is at 16grams as this info does display, but going forward it would be nice to know I have full access on the software.

Has anyone faced this problem before and can share some info?

ld14

VIP Member
I bought it from the Market Place via FaceBook, It looks like a genuine one however my guess would be it is not. Is there any way of telling?

Dellmassive

204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Download the latest version of VCDS.

Post a few detailed pic of the cable..

And the VCDS info page in the software will tell you if its genuine cable.

Dellmassive

204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend

Petehelmet

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve never been able to do a forced regen with a genuine vcds cable on my old T6 so your not alone

ld14

VIP Member
Download the latest version of VCDS.

Post a few detailed pic of the cable..

And the VCDS info page in the software will tell you if its genuine cable.
Thank you for your reply, after a careful look I would guess the cable is not genuine. Although its not your usual eBay blue one.

Please see attached.

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg

VCDS.png

Smr72

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I had problems with it starting process it’s something to do with door think it needs to be open (might be closed can’t remember), must be a safety function

ld14

VIP Member
I had problems with it starting process it’s something to do with door think it needs to be open (might be closed can’t remember), must be a safety function
Interesting, I have seen similar threads about having the bonnet open too. I did try that however with no success.

Loz

California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17
VCDS User
Admin
VIP Member
Bonnet and doors must be closed.

Smr72

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Was a while ago think bonnet may have been open too? Can’t remember but there is definitely a process for safety

ld14

VIP Member
Many thanks everyone, I tried with all doors closed and no different. I thought I would see if I had the same problem on another Vehicle and as it turns out it works completely fine on a 2016 Golf! I think I will have to try with another cable.